2022 RMSC Holiday Invitational
Dec 15, 2022 (03:00 PM) - Dec 18, 2022 (05:00 PM)
December, 2 2022
- Germantown Indoor Swim Center, 18000 Central Park Circle,
Boyds, MD 20841
- The competition pool at Germantown Indoor Swim center is a 10 lane, 25-yard pool, with non-turbulent lane lines and continuous flow-through gutters. 10 lanes will be used for competition.
- Water depth varies at the start end from 17’ in lane 1 to 6’9” in lane 10 and at the turn end from 13’ in lane 1 to 6’9” in lane 10.
- Separate 7 lane, 25 yard pool will be available for continuous warm up/cool down. Diving is not permitted in this pool.
- The competition course has been certified in accordance with current USA Swimming Rules and Regulations, Article 104.2.2(C). The copy of such certification is on file with USA Swimming.
- Colorado Time Systems electronic timing, touch pads, horn start and a 10 lane scoreboard will be used.
- Automatic timing (touchpads primary) will be used.
- Event Schedule:
- Thursday, December 15 Distance Events
- 13 & O 1650 Free - Warm-up 4:30 to 5:00 PM Events 5:05 PM
- 12 & U 500 Free - There will be a 25-minute warm-up immediately after the 1650’s.
- December 16, 17, 18
- 13-14/Open Preliminary Sessions Warm-up: 6:15 to 7:45 AM Events 7:50 AM
- December 16, 17, 18 11-12/10 & Under Preliminary Sessions Warm-up 12:55 to 1:55 PM Events 2:00 PM
- December 16, 17, 18 Finals Sessions - Competition Pool Warm-Up
(Only for athletes swimming in finals each night)
- 13 & Over 4:50 to 5:40 PM
- 12 & Under 5:45 to 6:10 PM
- Events 6:15 PM
- The competition pool will close immediately after the conclusion of the final event of every session.
- The warm-up/cool-down pool (REC Pool) will remain open for 15 minutes after the conclusion of every session.
- The Meet Director reserves the right to adjust the meet warm-up/session start times based upon the number of entries received as well as splitting any session into two sessions depending on athlete numbers. Teams will be notified of any changes at least one week in advance.
- Thursday, December 15 Distance Events
- This meet is open to invited Potomac Valley Swimming Athletes and invited USA Swimming Athletes that meet the event qualifying times or bonus event eligibility requirements. No swimmer will be permitted to compete in the meet unless the swimmer is registered as an athlete member of USA Swimming as provided in USA Swimming Rules and Regulations, Article 302.
- Interested clubs/teams please contact the meet director for an invitation.
- Swimmers will compete at the age attained on the first day of the meet. It may be necessary to limit entries due to time constraints.
- The entry qualifying period is 10/1/2020 thru the entry deadline.
- Entry Times: Short course yard times are conforming for this meet. Long course meter times will be seeded after SCY times, followed by bonus entries. Do not convert times before entering them. Long course times must be designated with an "L".
- Swimmers may participate in only his or her own age group events or in open events which are open to all ages. November 2, 2022 Page 3
- Athletes 12 & under may only participate in one (1) preliminary session per day.
- Swimmers must have equaled or bettered the applicable qualifying times listed.
- Swimmers may enter a maximum of six (6) individual events and no more than three (3) individual events per day.
- It may be necessary to limit entries in certain events due to time constraints. Athletes removed will have the option to add a different event, if they meet the qualifying time or bonus event limits.
- Swimmers must provide their own timer for the Thursday distance session, Friday 400 IM, Saturday 500 Free and the 1000 Free at Sunday morning prelims session.
- Swimmers must provide their own lap counter (if desired) for all distance events (500/1000/1650 Free).
- Entries with “NT”, (No Time), will not be accepted.
- All entries must have provable times in the SWIMS database within the qualifying period.
- All entry times requiring verification must be verified before 5:00 PM on Thursday (first day of meet) or they will be removed from the meet.
- All events are prelim and finals except for relays, the 1000 freestyle (13-14 & Open), 1650 freestyle (13-14 & Open), and the 11-12 500 freestyle which will be timed finals.
- All 10&U and 11-12 individual events will have one (1) heat in the final’s sessions, except as noted above.
- All 13-14 and Open individual events will have a "B" final and an "A" final heat. The "B" final will be swum first.
- 13-14 and Open distance events will be swum combined; age groups will be awarded separately.
- 1000, 1650, and 12 & Under 500 freestyle will be swum fastest to slowest, alternating girls and boys.
- The fastest heat of the combined (13-14 & Open) men’s 1000 freestyle and the fastest heat of combined (13-14 & Open) women's 1000 freestyle will swim as the first event in finals on the final day of the meet. All other men's and women's 1000s will be swum at the conclusion of the preliminary session. Positive check in for the Sunday 1000 free will close 30 minutes after finals start on Saturday night.
- All swim-offs will be performed before the conclusion of the preliminary session in which they occur, as noted in USA Swimming Rules and Regulations 102.5.2.
- 1000 free and 1650 free entries may be limited due to time constraints. If these events become oversubscribed, entries may be limited based on fastest entries received by the entry deadline. Clubs will be notified if their swimmer has been removed from the event, and any swimmer removed from 1000/1650 free due to these limitations will be allowed to select any bonus event to enter in its place.
Individual Bonus Events:
- Swimmers achieving 1 or 2 qualifying times will be permitted to enter two (2) bonus events.
- Swimmers achieving 3, 4 or 5 qualifying times will be permitted to enter one (1) bonus event.
- Swimmers achieving 6 qualifying times are not permitted to enter bonus events.
- There are no time standards for bonus events; however, swimmers must have a provable seed time that falls within the meet qualifying period.
- Bonus entries with “NT”, (No Time), will not be accepted.
- Make sure to check the bonus event box for all bonus swims when submitting entries.
- Bonus entries are seeded last.
- Bonus swims in events 400 yards or longer will only be accepted up to the next full heat of each event. In the case that bonus entries exceed the number of lanes available; entries will be taken according to the fastest seed times entered. The coaches of those swimmers who are removed from the bonus event will be contacted and an alternate bonus event can be chosen.
- There is a limit of three (3) relay entries per club, per event. Relay entries with "no time” (NT) will not be accepted.
- Verification of entry time must be provided for all relay entries with the entry, composite time is acceptable. November 2, 2022 Page 4
- All relay entry times requiring verification must be verified before 5:00 PM on Thursday (first day of the meet) or they will be removed from the meet.
- The Meet Administrative Referee or Meet Manager reserves the right to combine relay events by gender or age when necessary.
- All 200-yard relays will be pre-seeded and swum during the preliminary session.
- All 11-12 400-yard relays will be pre-seeded and swum during the preliminary session.
- 13-14 & Open relays 400 yards and longer require positive check-in. The Meet Director/Referee reserves the right to waive positive check-in depending on entries received.
- All 13-14 & Open 400 relays will be swum fastest to slowest.
- All 13-14 & Open 400 Free relays (Sunday) will be swum during the preliminary session, prior to the distance events.
- Only the fastest heat of the 13-14 and Open 800 free relays will be swum during the final’s session. All other heats will be swum at the conclusion of Friday’s preliminary session.
- Only the fastest heat of the 13-14 and Open 400 medley relays will be swum during the final’s session. All other heats will be swum at the conclusion of Saturday’s preliminary session.
- If time permits, there may be a short break before or after some or all relay events. Competition pool will NOT be open during this time for warm-ups.
- Coaches will be provided with relay slips at the meet.
- Relay Bonus Events: If an invited club does not meet the qualifying standard in a relay event, they may enter one (1) relay in that event. Enter the relay at the qualifying standard. Please designate the entry as a bonus event in the body of your entry email. Positive Check-in Policy – Positive check in is required for all individual events 400 yards and longer. The Meet Director/Referee reserves the right to waive positive check-in depending on entries received. For those events requiring positive check-in, team coaches shall designate their swimmer’s intention to swim the event on the forms provided at the scratch table. Athletes who have not been checked-in prior to the specified time will be not be seeded into the event. Athletes who have checked-in, have been seeded, and fail to swim the event will be barred from their next scheduled individual event, unless excused by the Referee. Meet Director/Referee reserves the right to positive check-in some or all events besides those listed here to manage the timeline of the sessions.