Dan Fawcett Memoriał Swim Camp
Jun 13, 2023 - Jun 15, 2023
June, 13 2023
Join us for an amazing opportunity to be coached by Olympian Anthony Ervin and Swim Like a Fish Founder and Technique Coach, Abbie Fish. This camp includes two water sessions and one dryland session per day.
- When: Tuesday, June 13 - Thursday, June 15 from 9-3 pm
- Who: Any swimmer who is currently registered with USA Swimming ages 8 and up
- Where: This camp will be held at the Service HS pool. For the dryland portions, we will be hiking in and around the trails behind service and the stairs at Hilltop. All drop off and pick up will be at the pool.
- What to Bring: Bring a suit, towel, cap, water bottle and goggles as well as tennis shoes and a sweatshirt in case the weather is chilly. Please also pack a lunch and snacks.
- Cost: The cost for the camp is $350
The Northern Lights Swim Club (NLSC) Boosters, in partnership with the Seward Tsunami Swim Club and PLAAY (Positive Leadership for Active Alaska Youth) are excited to announce a competitive swim camp for Alaskan youth during the summer 2023. This camp will feature the 2000 and 2016 Olympic 50 Freestyle Gold Medal Champion, Anthony Ervin, and Swim Like a Fish Founder and Technique Coach, Abbie Fish as well as some of Alaska’s finest coaches, Coach Anne Williams, Coach Josh Gregory, and Coach Cliff Murray.
In tribute to one of Alaska’s most generous donors and supporters, we are naming this camp the Dan Fawcett Memorial Swim Camp. Dan was passionate about giving Alaskan swimmers exposure and opportunities within and outside of Alaska, including the Olympic Time Trials. His developing vision included more long course meter swim meet opportunities in Alaska – which is the only way to qualify for the Olympic Time Trials. Our week-long camp will culminate with a long course meters swim meet open to all swimmers in Alaska.
We hope you will join us! Please contact Amy Gannon at [email protected] or 773-220-1062 if you have any questions.