CENTRAL ZONE OPEN WATER CHAMPIONSHIP
2017 Central Zone
Open Water Championships
Clinic on Thursday, June 15th
Race on Friday, June 16th
Prairie, WI at the RecPlex/Lake Andrea
JOIN TEAM MICHIGAN!
We hope you'll join TEAM MICHIGAN at the 2017 Central Zone Open Water Championships & Clinic. Athletes from across Michigan will join together to create an All Star line-up to race against the teams from Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Lake Erie, Midwestern, Minnesota, Missouri Valley, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Ozark, South Dakota and Wisconsin. It is a fantastic opportunity to expand your horizons in the sport of open water swimming, to meet new friends from across the state and to race against new and exciting athletes. Please talk with your primary Coaches about entering this competition.
For this meet, athletes must meet a time standard in order to qualify for one of the races:
- Open 5K: Minimum 15-16 “A” Time in 400/500, 800/1000 or 1500/1650 Freestyle
- 13-14 3K: Minimum 13-14 “A” Time in 400/500, 800/1000 or 1500/1650 Freestyle
- 11-12 2K: Minimum 11-12 “A” Time in 200, 400/500, 800/1000, or 1500/1650 Freestyle
- 10&Under 1K: Minimum 10&Under “A” Time in 200 or 400/500 Freestyle
Click here to check "A" time standards. Make sure you're looking at the correct course (SCY or LCM).
TEAM MICHIGAN athletes will travel individually to this event (some teams travel together). We hope you will consider meeting the rest of the team during the Open Water Clinic & Past Dinner on Saturday.
- STEP 1: Register (or
re-Register) on this website. (If you've already done this for 2017
and can login to the website, yon don't need to do it
again.) A Team Michigan coach will need to approve your
registration. This will should not take more than 24 hours
once the entry is open. If you are a first-time registrar, you will
receive an email with login credentials. If you have registered
before, your previous password should still work. Registration
creates your family/athlete profile and will allow you to
enter this (and future) meets through the TEAM MICHIGAN site. There
are no fees associated with this registration, but you will be
added to our email list. Make sure tshirt sizes are up to
STEP 2: Once you have been "approved" by a coach, click the "Central Zone Open Water Championships" link and make sure you are familiar with the meet information and details.
- STEP 3: Click the "Attend/Decline" button.
- STEP 3: Select the appropriate swimmer from your family and change their status to "Yes, xxxxx will attend this event."
- STEP 4: Check mark the appropriate event your swimmer.
- STEP 5: Click "Save" before you leave the page, and you are all set for the race!
6: (Optional, but recommended) Register &
pay for the Open Water Clinic & Pasta dinner on Thursday, June
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER & PAY FOR THE CLINIC & DINNER (athletes who are not participating in the race may also register for the clinic & dinner )
- STEP 7: Make sure your travel plans are set!
- STEP 8: Watch for communications after the entry deadline. We will send (and post) meeting times and locations, any planned activities, etc for the event.
MEET DOCUMENTS & INFORMATION
Full Meet Information
Please direct questions to your TEAM MICHIGAN Coaches and Reps!
- Hotel Block
- Application to Officiate
- Josh Morgan, Head Coach