2019 RCR Triathlon
*THIS EVENT IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC*
When: Sunday June 23rd @ 8AM
Where: Warson Woods Swimming Pool (900 Warson Woods Drive, St. Louis, MO 63122)
Age Groups & Race Distances:
- 6-10 years old- 100 yard swim, 1.1 mile bike & 0.4 mile run.
- 11-15 years old- 200 yard swim, 2.2 mile bike & 0.9 mile run.
Swim: The swim will take place in the Warson Woods pool. It will be "serpentine" style (swim under lane rope to adjacent lane) with the older and fastest swimmers starting first. Athletes will be seeded in order of their expected swim finish. There will be a 10 second (minimum) gap between each swimmer, and potentially a 5 minute break in between groups.
Bike: The bike course is a loop within the neighborhood just North of Warson Woods Swim Club. 6-10 years olds will cycle 1 loop & 11+ year olds will cycle 2 loops. The route is:
- North on Warson Woods Drive, right on Renderer, left on Rampart, left on Bennett, left on Renderer, right on Warson Woods Drive.
Run: The run will also be entirely within Warson Woods and children can be seen throughout their run along Warson Woods Drive.
- 6-10 year olds: From transition area down Warson Woods Drive to Forest View Drive and back to transition area/finish line.
- 11-15 year olds: From transition area down Warson Woods Drive to North Drive and back to transition area/finish line.
Cost: $30 each participant.
Safety: The pool will have a lifeguard. Participants need to be able to safely complete the race distances. Non-swimmers will not be permitted to participate. No personal flotation devices may be used. Training wheels, tricycles or scoters will not be permitted. All participants must wear a CPSC approved helmet while on bikes. Bicycle safety inspections are recommended, but not required prior to the morning of the event. The bike course will have volunteer course marshals stationed throughout the course. Parents of 6-10 year old participants may join their kids on the biking & running legs of the race.
Volunteers: Your assistance is needed! We ask that one adult per registered family register to volunteer. Click on the link below to sign up for your volunteer spot:
Like this event on Facebook to know the latest happenings
Any Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org