Florida Training 2017!
FLORIDA TRAINING 2017!
This is our annual team travel trip, this program is designed to give our swimmers pre-experience on traditional college winter training trips, and is primarily targeted towards our high school and/or advanced level swimmers.
THIS TRIP IS POPULAR, due to bus space, lane space, and age appropriateness, will be using this rolling priority registration order:
- Now through October 20th: Inviting swimmers in National 1, National 2, and Senior levels first, you will have through Thursday, October 20th to declare your intentions, YES or NO please on the event page for all swimmers in these groups (we anticipate all swimmers that wish to attend in these groups will be able to attend IF you declare by October 20th).
- October 21st - November 1st: After this date, 8th graders in our National Prep program are invited to fill remaining spaces, swimmers in group 1 above may still apply during this period if spaces remain (we anticpate several remaining spaces to be available at start of this registration).
- November 2nd - November 15th: Anyone outside of these groups that would like to be considered may apply for the trip, but must have demonstrated in practices to handle intense training. Swimmers in group 1 and 2 above may still apply during this period if spaces remain (we anticpate trip to begin to fill during this time frame).
$400 ($125 deposit, due by November 15th, balance due before trip)
REGISTRATION FORM, CODE OF CONDUCT FORM - SEE BELOW, PRINT AND TURN IN, WITH DEPOSIT
- Coach Brad Herndon
- Coach Daniel Lee
- Coach Sarah Ramirez
We will be accepting up to 2 female chaperones, to stay with female coach, and 1 male chaperone to room with male coaches (3 double/queen beds each suite, each suite has 2 rooms, so there is a degree of separation). No charges/costs, must apply by Nov 1st, and must pay for own meals except team meals. Selected chaperones will be announced by November 15th, just put in the notes field if you would like to be considered. Responsibilities include but are not limited to arranging for the 3 provided dinners (2 pizza parties, 1 team cookout), overnight on-call availability for issues that may occur, a pre-assigned group of swimmers where you must know his/her whereabouts at all times, and direct supervision of any 8th graders on the trip at all times (off hotel premises during swimmer free time), and beach patrol and/or hotel patrol between practices. (No alcoholic beverages allowed during trip).
Bus: We will be using Holiday Tours this year (2016 Atlanta trip bus company, NOT previously used bus company).
Hotel: Comfort Inn Cocoa Beach, full buffet hot breakfast each morning, 2 dinners provided (1 pizza party dinner, and 1 team cookout). This is prime location for the area directly beside Ron Jon's Surf Shop.
Meals: We provide a pizza party at Comfort Inn, a separate cookout meal at Comfort Inn, a Pizza lunch during our meet with YCF, and Comfort Inn has a free hot breakfast (full buffet). The kids will need money for breakfast/snacks on the bus ride down, dinner/snacks on the bus ride back, and then 4 lunches, 4 dinners, and any miscellaneous items/snacks too. We do make a Wal-Mart run during first day (see basic itinerary below).
Training Facility: Cocoa Beach YMCA, a full YMCA with a 50 meter 9-lane outdoor long course pool.
Competition Date: Saturday, Dec 31st Dual-in-the-Pool vs YCF coached by Olympic Announcer/Gold Medalist Rowdy Gaines. (Pizza lunch is provided during meet)
NEW FOR 2016 - YOU'RE TRIP COSTS INCLUDES A COOL SHIRT, PLEASE PUT SIZE IN THE NOTES FIELD:
- GCY Travel Trip Registration Form (print, fill out, return)
- GCY Code of Conduct Form (print, fill out, and return)
- GCY Cocoa Beach Nutrition Plan
- GCY BASIC RULES
- Cocoa Beach Rooming Assignments (Subject to change)
- CCB Email 1 of 4
- CCB Email 2 of 4
- CCB Email 3 of 4
- CCB Itinerary UPDATED!