Jr&Sr Outdoor Lifesaving 8 Week Summer Program
Outdoor Lifesaving Sport Program is back for Summer 2018!
Welcoming all skill levels from beginners to returning athletes!
This year we are excited to announce that our own athlete Sebastian Reimer and Coach Haylie Burton have been named to the Canadian Team to attend the Lifesaving World Championships in Adelaide, Australia in November 2018.
As a Guelph Lifesaving member, you will participate in all events of the Outdoor Lifesaving Sport: paddle boarding, beach running, open water swimming, beach flags, etc. Lots of fun! All skill levels are welcome! A new sport to learn that gives participants a feel for both land and water activities.
Program Duration: June 27th - August 15th
Location: Guelph Lake Conservation Area – Guelph Lake does charge the public for entry into the park. If you are just dropping off, they will only charge you for the participant. Consider carpooling, purchasing a pass, and you can take as many people as your vehicle can hold – split the costs. Meet at the Main Beach of Guelph Lake.
Jr Waves Program – targeted to 10& under new members to Lifesaving. (This means if you are 9 and have been a Guelph Lifesaver before you will join the core program) This program is intended to introduce members to new skills. If not as comfortable in water, coaches will work around this and will modify.
- Program runs once a week on Wednesdays 4-5:15pm
- Membership price $175
ii. Core Lifesaving Program and Masters – targeted to 11&Over (including new members) and those 10&under who have participated before. (This means if you are 9 and have been a Guelph Lifesaver before you will join the core program)
- Program runs twice weekly: Wednesdays 5-6:30pm and Saturdays 9:30-11am
- Membership price $275
iii. Sr Lifesaving Program – targeted to 16&over (i.e. Sebastian/Alexa/Kara)
- Program runs three times weekly: Wednesdays 5-6:30pm, Saturdays 9:30-11am, and Mondays time tbd
- Membership price $400
Practice Days: June 27, 30, July 4, 7, 11, 14, 18, 21, 25, 28, Aug 1, 4, 8, 11, 13 (yes, Monday), and 15
What to bring to each practice: hat, swim cap, sunscreen, short, running shoes, towel, bathing suit, and water.
Upcoming Season Meets: These meets are optional. Meet fees are paid separate and payment will be due prior to the meet. Recommend to participate in one of these meets prior to Provincials. All of these meets are an all day event.
- July 21st– Seniors (16&over) Lifesaving Meet – Saugeen Shores – Port Elgin
- July 22nd – Juniors (15&under) Lifesaving Meet – Saugeen Shores – Port Elgin
Registration for this: https://ca.apm.activecommunities.com/saugeenshores/activity_search? and enter 'Sunset' in the search bar.
- July 29th – Guelph hosted meet for Juniors and Seniors – held at Gulliver’s Lake –
Provincial Meet – the big one: Coaches would like as many attending this one as possible. We are going back to capture the title of Provincial champs and need everyone’s help. Meet fees are paid separate and payment will be due by July 21st in order for your registration to be submitted.
- Juniors (15&Under) and Masters (30+) participate Friday August 15th 8-7pm (planning on taking a bus - team travel for the day if numbers permit, price will be advised)
- Seniors (16+) participate August 13th and 14th
***you may also participate in just one day of provincials (seniors)
***Provincials is held at Bluffer's Beach in Scarborough.
And more…: Outdoor Lifesaving Summer Sport Camp August 7-10th 9am -4pm
8&under participants: 9am-1pm $110/week
9&over participants : 9am – 4pm $220/week
Videos to see what is Lifesaving all about:
Here's a video of some of the kids at Provincials 4 years ago. This will provide you with some of the activities they will participate in! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yVm-xlckeg&t=201s
And our latest video from our meet at Gulliver’s Lake last year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhPU3zyrIpA&feature=youtu.be
Who are the main coaches?
Coach Chantique – former Canadian National Lifesaving Team Member and Coach, Coach Haylie – Canadian National Lifesaving Team Member, Coach John – Guelph Marlins Coach, and participant in Lifesaving at the Canadian Provincial and National meet, and Coach Melissa – Guelph Marlins Coach and former member of the Guelph Lifesaving team.
What am I selecting at Check out?
- Select applicable program as outlined above
- Provincial Meet Fees: not necessary at this time – but will be due by July 21st.
- Guelph Lifesaving Navy dryfit TShirt $20 – optional – available approx. 4 weeks after order
- Guelph Lifesaving Navy Hoodie $35 - optional -last name on sleeve - approx 4 weeks after order
- Guelph Lifesaving Beanie $6 (this will be necessary if you plan in competing at any of the meets)
REGISTER NOW FOR THE 8 WEEK SUMMER PROGRAM!https://www.teamunify.com/MemRegStart.jsp?team=cagmac&event_id=748380