PCA Workshop - Parents
In association with the Positive Coaching Alliance-MN, we introduce our 2018 workshops! These Workshops are mandatory for all athletes and strongly advised for parents! We are very excited about our 4th year with PCA and the enormous steps forward in our team culture! Please contact Coach Erich if you have any questions.
The Second-Goal Parent Workshop
Tuesday, April 17th – 6:00-7:15pm @ the MME Media Center - parents ONLY!
This talk provides Tips and Tools to Develop Winners in Life through Sports!
This 75-minute workshop covers many of the highlights from the full Second-Goal Parent workshop. Parents will come away with knowledge about tools for supporting their child in his/her sports experience.
Parents who attend a Parent workshop should be able to:
• Know what is expected of them as a sports parent
• Understand the parents’ goals and their child’s goals related to sports participation
• Match their behavior as a parent to their goals for their child’s youth sports experience
• Know the parents’ role in helping keep the fun in sports
• Support their children to bounce back from mistakes and setbacks
• Teach their children about the importance of a growth-mindset
• Understand and manage the relationship between the Parent and Coach