GMAC SR Florida Training Camp
(this is a team hosted event)
This is a Training Camp for Sr Gold - please sign up and submit your deposits to the office
Dear Parents & Swimmer;
It is with great excitement that we present our plans for our 2018 training camp in beautiful Clermont Florida. Training will be held at the U.S. National Training Center, 1935 Don Wickham Drive, which is a 17 minute drive from our accommodation. The team will travel together to and from the training center by vans.
The swimmers will have access to a state of the art dryland training facility with specialized TRX and foam rolling sessions. The facility boasts a 50m x 25 yard outdoor pool.
We will be staying in a rental house that sleeps 18. This is a much more economical way to go than booking at a hotel. We will have two chaperones and two coaches in attendance who will help supervise and prepare nutritious meals for the swimmers. The house is located at 1943 Morning Star Drive Clermont Florida. It is located in a secure gated community and includes the use of the fitness center, and tennis court. Below are pictures of the house and amenities.
The swimmers will fly together with a Coach and a chaperone into Orlando International Airport. There they will be picked up by another chaperone and coach and transported to the rental house. Subsequently, they will be dropped off at the airport for the flight home. Flight cost and times to be determined.
A deposit of $300 is required by July 23, 2018 to cover the house, van, and pool deposits. A detailed itinerary and flight information will be provided to both swimmers and parents closer to our departure date.
There is a maximum number of 20 swimmers that are fourteen years old and older are able to attend, reserve your swimmer’s spot as soon as possible by signing up on-line.
National Training Center
1935 Don Wickham Drive, Clermont Florida
Universal Studios/ Islands of Adventure Orlando Florida
Cocoa Beach Florida
Swimmers may want to bring some spending money as there are unique shops and snack stands along the board walk on Cocoa Beach.
TRAINING CAMP BUDGET
Van Transportation: $120
Pool & Training Costs $300
Day Trip to Disney/ Islands of Adventure $130
TOTAL in Canadian Dollars: $1300
If paying by cheque please post-date the following made out to the Guelph Marlin Aquatic Club. Payment may also be made by e-transfer to email@example.com
DEPOSIT DUE July 23 2017 $300
Deposit Due November 23, 2017 $500
Remaining balance Due December 28, 2017 $500
PLEASE BE ADVISED OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Flight cost to be determined and will be due in full when booking is made as the club cannot carry this expense. There will be more information to come in regards to flights. We will be booking the flights in October.
- Deposits must be made on time as we are making payments to secure the accommodation and transportation, training facility, and Island of Adventure passes. There will be a penalty if deposits are not made on time of 2% per month following the missed payment
- Your initial deposit of $300 is non-refundable after August 30, 2017.
- Please sign your swimmer up on line to secure their spot for the training camp as you would upon signing up volunteer at a meet.
- Please be sure that your swimmer’s passport is up to date for travel in March 2018. Upon submitting your first deposit, please send a scanned photo, or photo on phone of your swimmer’s passport as these will be needed for booking flights.