Volunteer Sign Up for Champs Meet 6.30.18
(this is a team hosted event)
The Championship Meet ("Champs") is the biggest event of the MSL season. This year, it will be held on June 30th at Indian Valley College of Marin Campus in Novato.
It is a full day event and all teams in the Marin Swim League compete. The meet is broken into two sessions:
- The morning session is 10&Unders: 6:30am Warm-ups, 7:30am Meet start until about 12:00pm
- The afternoon session is 11&Up: 1:00 PM Warm-ups, 2:00pm Meet start until about 6:00 PM
Swimmers do not need to qualify for Champs. Anyone is welcome. You sign up for events for Champs just like you do for any other swim meet.
The Heats will progress from slowest swimmers to fastest swimmers. Hence the fastest heat is the last heat in that age group. The same format will be followed as in dual meets:
1. Medley Relays
6. Individual Medley
7. Free Relays
ATTENTION: No one but swimmers and timers will be permitted behind the starting blocks. NO EXCEPTIONS
The Morning Program (10 & Unders) - 8 & U Boys and 9 -10 Girls will swim in the Deep end of the pool. 8 & U Girls and 9 -10 Boys will swim in the Shallow end of the pool. All Relays will be held in the deep end.
- 8 & Under and 9-10 Warm-Ups
All 8 & Under swimmers & 9-10 swimmers need to be at their Team Tents no later than 6:15 AM. Warm-Ups start promptly at 6:30- 7:15 AM. Meet begins at 7:30 AM. All Medley Relay Team Members need to be ready, by their lane(s) by 7:15 AM.
The Afternoon Program (11 & Older) - 11 -12 Boys & Girls will swim in the Shallow end. The 13 & Older Boys & Girls will swim in the Deep end. All Relays will be swum in the deep end.
- 11 & Older Warm-Ups
All 11 & Older swimmers need to be at their Team Tents no later than 12:45 PM. Warm-Ups start promptly at 1:00 - 1:45 PM. Meet begins at 2:00 PM. All Medley Relay Team Members need to be ready, by their lane(s) by 1:45 PM.
- 12:00 NOON, the high point awards will be given out to the 10 & under boy and girl winners of each age group.
- 6:00 PM, the high point awards will be given out to the 11 & older boy and girl winners of each age group, and top five championship teams.
- Medals are awarded to places 1-8 and ribbons to places 9-16. These swimmers earn points for their team. These medals and ribbons are available to swimmers at Champs Dinners/Celebrations on the day after the Champs Meet.
BLEACHERS AND TEAM TENTS:
- Each team will have a tent in the field outside of the pool.
- Bleacher Area: There is no "camping" in the bleachers: No reserved seating (unused blankets, towels etc. will be removed). Signs will be placed on the wall above the bleacher area indicating that this is standing room only. Please advise all team members that we want to maximize everyone's enjoyment and viewing pleasure. **No folding chairs **No tents, coolers etc. This is important to ensure that there is space for spectators in the bleacher area, since pool deck space will be limited, and roped off, during 8 & under events.
8& UNDERS- A NEW EXPERIENCE FOR SWIMMERS AND PARENTS
- Especially for 8 & Under Parents: 8 & Under boys will swim in the deep end. The staging (lineup) area for 8 & under boys is the ramp at the deep end of the pool. 8 & under Girls will swim in the shallow end of the pool. The staging (lineup) area for 8 & under Girls is the road above the pool near the locker room. Please have your child at their line-up area no later than 7:15 AM.
- IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO GET YOUR CHILD TO THE LINE UP SPOT. EXPLAIN THE IMPORTANCE TO THEM OF LISTENING TO THE LANE MARSHALS SO THEY WILL MAKE THEIR RACE!
- MARSHALS AT THE STAGING AREAS WILL BE LINING UP CHILDREN FROM ALL 10 TEAMS AND WILL NOT KNOW YOUR CHILD!
- Please help out by writing your child's name in bold black
letters on his or her swim cap. ALSO -WRITE YOUR
CHILD'S RACE, LANE AND HEAT NUMBERS ON HIS/HER HAND. "L" for Lane
and "H" for heat
Fr H4 L 2, B H7 L3, Br H1 L5, FL H8 L1, IM H6 L10
- If this is your first Championships, you will see that an event this size cannot take place without the cooperation of every parent and swimmer from each of the ten teams in the Marin Swim League.
- We want to thank all our fabulous parents at this time for
their help and support. See you at Champs!
Please remember that every swimmer and parent will be representing the Marin Swim League. Good sportsmanship is more important than a win any day!