District East Championships
District East Championships February 16 -18, 2018
YMCA Platte City, MO
Entry Deadline Friday February 9, 2018
- Please read all meet information carefully
- Talk with your athletes lead coach if you have any questions.
- MVS Scratch rules apply to this meet
- Bonus swims (see meet information)
- Athletes with a 1000 yard qualification time may enter the 1650, athletes with the 1650 qualification time standard may enter the 1000 free.
- Age up exemption rule - see meet information
- 3 individual events per day (bonus and time trials do count towards the total for the day and the total for the championship)
This is an LSC Championship meet with individual events only.
This meet will be conducted in a Preliminaries/Finals format with
the fastest eight (8) swimmers advancing to championship finals,
subject to the following exceptions:
• All Friday events will be conducted as timed finals.
• All 10 & Under events at a distance of 200 yards or greater will be conducted as timed finals.
• On Saturday, the 500 freestyle is a timed final event. With the exception of the fastest seeded heat, all 500 freestyle heats will be swum in preliminaries and seeded fastest to slowest. The fastest seeded heat of the 500 freestyle will swim in the finals session.
• On Sunday, the 1650 freestyle is a timed final event. All heats of the 1650 freestyle will be swum during prelims as listed within the order of events, except that heats will be configured as alternating women/men and swum fastest to slowest
• On Sunday, there will be a 15 minute break after the 200 butterfly in order to accommodate swimmers in the 1650 freestyle. At the discretion of the referee, this break may be eliminated if there are not female athletes swimming both of these events.
• 15 & over 200 Back, 200 Breast and 200 Fly. Swimmers aged 11-12 may compete in these events with the Senior qualifying time but will be exhibition only. Exhibition swims DO count as one of the swimmers maximum of three (3) events per day.