DACA-Zone 1N Dual Venue C/B/A+
(this is a team hosted event)
This meet is no longer open for entries:
HOSTED BY: DE ANZA CUPERTINO AQUATICS, this is a Zone 1 North, dual venue weekend
PACIFIC SWIMMING LONG COURSE C/B/A+ MEET
DATE MAY 19-20, 2018
SARATOGA HIGH SCHOOL, 20300 Herriman Ave, Saratoga, CA 95070
Enter Online: https://ome.swimconnection.com/meets/2420
Meet Information: https://ome.swimconnection.com/attachments/0000/2820/DACA-051918.pdf
IF THIS WILL BE YOUR FIRST PACIFIC SWIMMING MEET, be sure to visit the Competition tab on our TeamUnify site to acquaint yourself with the basics of these meets. Also, check out the helpful links at the bottom of each BSC News email. Please email coach Jim if you have questions or would like to to arrange to discuss meets in person.
TEAM WARMUP - ARRIVAL TIME(S): AM session athletes should be ready for team warm up at 7:30am. PM session start time WILL BE DICTATED BY THE END TIME OF THE MORNING SESSION, tentatively athletes should be ready for team warmup at 12:40pm SATURDAY and 12:40 pm on SUNDAY. "Ready" means checked-in at clerk of course, suit/cap/goggles on and ready to get in pool. We will send an SMS text from the meet if the afternoon session arrival time should be materially different than stated above. Those late for team warmups should be prepared to warmup on their own and may miss the opportunity to practice race starts.
If you do not know which session (am or pm) your athlete is in click on the meet information link above and locate the infomation there.
NOTE: In general, it's OK to arrive after team warm up's or later in the meet if that's what's best for your athlete. BUT... BSC coaches always need our parents tuned in to what the MEET INFORMATION SHEET says and understand that our highest priority is swimming the events entered, which requires checking-in in time. The Meet Information Sheet also has meet start times and general warmup times listed. Sometimes the meet information sheet also lists other important information like how to avoid getting a parking citation.
From the MEET HOSTS:
We are looking forward to hosting the DACA CBA+ Long Course Meet this coming weekend, May 19-20, 2018 at Saratoga High School.
A few items:
1) The meet sheet and psych sheet are attached. Please plan on printing your own copies of the psych sheet. There will be a LIMITED number available at the meet. Please distribute to your athletes/families. We will not be selling programs at the meet. The psych sheet will be posted at http://www.daca.org as well. Live heat/lane assignments and Results will be available at http://results.teamunify.com/daca/index.html
2) Timing Assignments. (note: BSC is assigned one chair in Lane 6 throughout the meet) Athletes competing in the 400 Freestyle or 400 IM must provide their own lane timers.
3) Approximate Timelines – Run via swimconnection with 7 lanes, :30 between heats and a 10% scratch. These are APPROXIMATE, and may run faster or slower depending on scratch rates, etc. These are not binding timelines. The afternoon sessions may start earlier or later should the meet run faster/slower than anticipated. Afternoons may not start (actual races, not warm-up) prior to 12:00 PM Noon.
SAT AM START – 8:30 AM
SAT AM FINISH – 12:30 PM
SAT PM START – 1:30 PM
SAT PM DISTANCE START – 4:50 PM
SAT PM FINISH – 5:20 PM
SUN AM START – 8:30 AM
SUN AM DISTANCE START – 11:30 AM
SUN AM FINISH – 12:30 PM
SUN PM START – 1:30 PM
SUN PM DISTANCE START – 5:05 PM
SUN PM FINISH – 5:20 PM
4) There is no athlete/parent tent set-up until the pool opens at 6:00 AM on Saturday Morning. Any coaches wishing to set-up Coaches Tents may do so between 5:00 and 7:00 PM on Friday, May 18th. Please remind your parents to observe the No Swim Meet Seating Signs posted around the facility. Please remind your athletes and parents to pay attention to the No Swim Meet Seating signs posted in fire lanes and the covered hallway between the women’s locker room and gym.
5) DACA will have a full snack bar in operation during the meet. We will not have a swimsuit/gear vendor.
6) I will be forwarding out any registration issues on Friday morning prior to the meet. Should your club have any issues, please be prepared to register those athletes at the meet.
Thanks so much! Best of luck to all of your athletes!
Annie Stein, Meet Director
Are you signed up for SMS messaging? SMS allows you (and/or your athlete) to receive DAY OF MEET TEXT UPDATES. CLICK HERE to learn how to set it up.