DACA C/B/A+ Z1N meet
(this is a team hosted event)
This meet is no longer open for entries. BSC is assigned two chairs for timing in Lane #9 throughout the meet (except distance events).
HOSTED BY: De Anza Cupertino Aquatics
PACIFIC SWIMMING LONG/SHORT COURSE C/B/A+ MEET
Saratoga High School, 20300 Herriman Avenue, Saratoga CA 95070
Enter Online: https://ome.swimconnection.com/meets/2485
Meet Information: https://ome.swimconnection.com/attachments/0000/2914/DACA-071418.pdf
IF THIS WILL BE YOUR FIRST PACIFIC SWIMMING MEET and your child is not yet registered with Pacific Swimming you will need to provide the completed registration form, payment and a +$10 surcharge at the meet in order to be allowed to check-in (payment cards NOT accepted). Please email coach Jim if you have questions.
TEAM WARMUP - ARRIVAL TIME(S): AM session athletes should be ready for team warm up at 7:30am. PM session start time WILL BE DICTATED BY THE END TIME OF THE MORNING SESSION, tentatively athletes should be ready for team warmup at 12:45pm SATURDAY and 12:45 pm on SUNDAY. "Ready" means checked-in at clerk of course, suit/cap/goggles on and ready to get in pool. We will send an SMS text from the meet if the afternoon session arrival time should be materially different than stated above. Those late for team warmups should be prepared to warmup on their own and may miss the opportunity to practice race starts.
If you do not know which session (am or pm) your athlete is in click on the meet information link above and locate the infomation there.
Coach Eric will be on deck for both sessions on Saturday and on Sunday afternoon. Coach Nicholas will be there Sunday morning.
NOTE: In general, it's OK to arrive after team warm up's or later in the meet if that's what's best for your athlete. BUT... BSC coaches always need our parents tuned in to what the MEET INFORMATION SHEET says and understand that our highest priority is swimming the events entered, which requires checking-in in time. The Meet Information Sheet also has meet start times and general warmup times listed. Sometimes the meet information sheet also lists other important information like how to avoid getting a parking citation.
FROM THE MEET HOSTS:
We are looking forward to hosting the DACA CBA+ Short Course Meet this coming weekend, July 14-15, 2018 at Saratoga High School.
A few items:
1) The meet sheet and psych sheet are attached. Please plan on printing your own copies of the psych sheet. There will be a LIMITED number available at the meet. Please distribute to your athletes/families. We will not be selling programs at the meet. Live heat/lane assignments and Results will be available at http://results.teamunify.com/daca/index.html
2) Timing Assignments are attached (and included in the program). All timing assignments are based on percentages per session. Athletes competing in the 500 Freestyle or 400 IM must provide their own lane timers.
3) Approximate Timelines – Run via swimconnection with 10 lanes, :30 between heats and a 10% scratch. These are APPROXIMATE, and may run faster or slower depending on scratch rates, etc. These are not binding timelines. The afternoon sessions may start earlier or later should the meet run faster/slower than anticipated. Afternoons may not start (actual races, not warm-up) prior to 12:00 PM Noon.
SAT AM START
– 8:30 AM
SAT AM DISTANCE START – 12:00 PM
SAT AM FINISH – 12:30 PM
SAT PM START
– 1:30 PM
SAT PM DISTANCE START – 4:15 PM
SAT PM FINISH – 4:30 PM
SUN AM START
– 08:30 AM
SUN AM DISTANCE START – 11:30 AM
SUN AM FINISH – 11:45 AM
SUN PM START
– 12:45 PM
SUN PM DISTANCE START – 3:05 PM
SUN PM FINISH – 3:25 PM
4) Any coaches wishing to set-up coach’s tents on Friday may do so between 4:00 – 6:30 PM. There will be NO Family/Swimmer tent set-up on Friday. The facility will open at 6:15 AM on Saturday, 7/14. All Family/Swimmer Canopy set-up will be directed to the Quad Area (we cannot have tents set up by the back field or in the walk-way between the pool and tennis courts). We will do our best to post signage directing families. Please remind your parents to observe the No Swim Meet Seating Signs posted around the facility. Thanks in advance for your cooperation!
Please remind your parents to observe the No Swim Meet Seating Signs posted around the facility.
5) DACA will have a limited snack bar in operation during the meet. We are working on a suit/gear vendor for this weekend. I will send out information as soon as I hear back from them.
6) I will be forwarding out any registration issues on Friday morning prior to the meet. Should your club have any issues, please be prepared to register those athletes at the meet.
Thanks so much! Best of luck to all of your athletes!
Are you signed up for SMS messaging? SMS allows you (and/or your athlete) to receive DAY OF MEET TEXT UPDATES. CLICK HERE to learn how to set it up.