50 Free Shoot Out
- Harney Gym 4th Street
- Fort Leavenworth, KS 66027
- Fort Leavenworth Lancers
50 Free Shootout requirements:
- The 50 free shoot out will follow USA Swimming rules contained in Article 102.2.2,.3,.5, and .6 concerning Prelim and Finals meet participation limitations. Please see the entries section of this meet sheet to review the rules that will apply to swimmers that qualify for and participate in the 50 Free Shootout.
- The top 8 swimmers from the 50 Free event will be eligible to participate in the 50 Free Shootout competition. Coaches must confirm their swimmer’s intent to participate in the 50 Free Shootout competition 30 minutes following the announcement of the final results of the 50 free events. The list of top 8 swimmers for the 50 Free Shootout will be provided to coaches and posted at the pool’s results site.
- Age groups that will compete in the 50 Free Shootout are:
- Swimmers will not be allowed to change age groups. Swimmers will compete in the same age group that they were entered in in the initial 50 free event.
- The elimination round heats will feature two swimmers competing against each other.
- The shootout elimination match-ups, based off the 50 Free final
- Round 1 (Events 13P, 14P, 15P,
16P//43P, 44P, 45P, 46P):
- #4 vs #5
- #3 vs #6
- #2 vs #7
- #1 vs #8
- Round #2 (Events 39S, 40S, 41S,
42S// 69S. 70S,71S, 72S):
- Winner of #4 vs #5 heat vs winner of #1 vs #8 heat
- Winner of #2 vs #7 heat vs winner of #3 vs #6 heat
- Round #3 Shootout Championship
(Events – 95F, 96F, 98F//131F,132F, 133F, 134F).
- Coaches are reminded NOT to enter swimmers in the elimination round events that will be in the event file. Swimmers will be entered in those events by the meet admin once the top 8 swimmers have qualified for the elimination rounds and have declared their intent to participate in the shootout competition.
- Please note in the event schedule when each round of the 50 Free Shootout event will be swum.
- Round 1 (Events 13P, 14P, 15P, 16P//43P, 44P, 45P, 46P):
Friday Evening: (All Ages)
- Warm-ups start at 4:15 PM
- Meet starts at 5:30 PM.
Saturday & Sunday Morning: (12 & under)
- Warm-ups at 7:00 am
- Meet starts at 8:30 am.
Saturday Afternoon: (13 & Up)
- Warm ups will begin after the conclusion of the morning session but no earlier than 1:30 pm.
- Meet will begin no earlier than 2:45 pm.
Sunday 8 & Under Session:
- Warm ups will begin immediately after the conclusion of Saturday morning’s session, but no earlier than 12:00 am.
- Meet will begin no earlier than 12:30 pm.
Sunday Afternoon: (13 & Up)
- Warm ups will begin immediately after the conclusion of the 8&U morning session but no earlier than 1:00 pm.
- Meet will begin no earlier than 1:30 pm.
Warm-up lane assignments will be provided NLT 25 January 2018. Lane assignments will also be provided in the coach’s packet, printed in the heat sheets, posted at the pool, and will be available at the Lancers web page at: www.fortleavenworthlancers.org.