Montrose Winter Meet: Montrose, CO
This meet is open to all swimmers, all lanes.
Updates from Suzi:
I have a couple of little things to let you know:
- I will take changes until noon on Thursday. At that time, I will be seeding the meet. I will send out Heat Sheets and post on our website by Thursday evening.
- We have created a 10&under warmup right before the start of the meet. This is to decrease the likelihood of traumatizing any weaker swimmer without the threat of being run over by the bigger and more powerful swimmers. With that being said, you can use your lanes however you would like.
- We have renumbered the events for Saturday into one session. In addition, we have combined the 500 Freestyles into one 9&Over 500 Freestyle in order to streamline the events.
- We will have a 5 minute break before the 500 Free and a 10 minute break before the 1000 Free.
- We will only need positive check-ins for the 500 Free. If you could check in before beginning of competition Saturday, that would be great.
- The psych sheet is on Meet Mobile and the heat sheets will be available there for free once the meet is seeded.
- There are plans in the works for a Stroke and Turn Clinic on Sunday morning. Round up some parents who might be interested. More information coming later.
- Families of swimmers are more than welcome to come and use our facility. You can pay for a day pass and plan to: play racquetball, walk or run the track, do some weightlifting, workout on the treadmill, elliptical, climb the wall, shoot some hoops, frolic in the leisure pool or relax in the therapy pool. There is also a free walking path outside around the facility if you would rather get some fresh air. Families of swimmers will get free admission to the competition pool if that is all you choose to do.
- We will not be having concessions and only limited hospitality which will include a lunch both days for coaches and officials.
- We will be competing in 8 lanes with two warm-up and cool-down lanes to use.
About the Official's Clinic:
We're planning on doing a clinic for new officials on Sunday, at the Montrose rec center, beginning at 8:00 and concluding NLT 9:30. The clinic is dependent on reserving a space at the rec center. Prospective trainees can email me directly as Sunday approaches or contact Jason Ullman on deck Saturday to follow up on confirmation and location.
- Montrose Winter Meet Invite
- Montrose Entries
- Montrose Entry Fee Report
- Warm Up Schedule
- Preliminary Psych Sheet
- Saturday Heat Sheet
- Sunday Heat Sheet
- Warm Up and General Info
- Meet Results