South Carolina State Meet
Meet Location :
Westside Park & Aquatic
2700 West Blue Ridge Drive (SC Highway 253) Greenville, SC 29611
Westside Aquatic Complex is a semi-open air facility with twenty (20) 25 yard lanes and adjacent five (5) lane warm-up/warm-down pool. Both pools are bottom striped, wall targeted and equipped with non- turbulent lane lines. Bleacher seating is available for up to 1000 spectators along with ample deck space and bleacher seating for swimmers. The water depth of the competition is six (6) feet to seven (7) feet measured from one (1) meter to five (5) meters at the starting end of the course and six (6) feet to seven (7) feet measured from one (1) meter to five (5) meters at the turn end of the course. The competition course has been certified in accordance with 104.2.2C (4). The copy of such certification is on file with USA Swimming. Facility Rules:
*NO smoking is allowed inside the
*NO coolers allowed inside the facility
*NO glass containers allowed inside the facility
*NO food or beverages allowed on deck, in the locker rooms or in spectator areas
*NO folding chairs allowed in spectator area or on deck. Bleacher seating will be available. *Spectators limited to designated areas
*Reserving seats between sessions is prohibited
This competition is open to all qualified swimmers. All swimmers and teams must be currently registered members of USA-Swimming and SC Swimming only. Age is to be determined by the first day of the meet. All swimmers entered must meet or exceed the South Carolina State Meet Qualifying Standards in EACH event entered.
Any swimmer entered in the meet, unaccompanied by a USA Swimming member coach must be certified by a USA Swimming member coach as being proficient in performing a racing start or must start each race from within the water. It is the responsibility of the swimmer or the swimmer’s legal guardian to ensure compliance with this requirement.
Meet Format :
- Meet management reserves the right to adjust course breakdown and warm-up times based on number of entries. Meet Management also reserves the right to move an age group to another session based on the time line and number of entries. Meet management reserves the right to utilize two courses, up to 10 lanes each for competition for any events as described below.
- All 11-12, 13-14, and 15-18 events, except those noted on the itinerary and below, will be conducted as Preliminary/Final events with one heat of 10 returning for 11-12 and 13-14 in finals. 15-18 swimmers will have two heats of 10 swimmers for finals. A consolation “B” final heat will follow the championship “A” final heat. All 10 & under events will be conducted as Timed Finals during the Timed Final sessions.
- The 10&Under and 11-12 500 freestyles, the 11-12 400 IM and the 11-18 1000 freestyles will be swum fast to slow alternating girls and boys. Meet Management reserves the right to utilize two pools for the 500 freestyle events, the 1000 freestyle events and the 11-12 400 IM. If two pools are utilized they will be contested as described below without alternating gender. The 11-12 age group will be seeded with the 13-14 and 15-18 age groups for the 1000 Freestyle and will be scored separately: 11-12, 13-14, 15- 18.
- The 1650 Freestyle will be seeded together and scored separately by age group: 11-12, 13-14, and 15-18. Swimmers must have the qualifying time for their respective age group. In a one pool scenario it will be contested fastest to slowest, alternating women and men with the fastest heat of women and men being swum in finals. All heats of the 11-12 1650 will be conducted during the preliminary session fast to slow alternating women and men if the 11-12 age group is swum in the afternoon session. If two pools are utilized for the 1650 Freestyle events, they will be contested with one gender in one pool and the other gender in one pool as described below. They will not be contested alternating women and men as one gender will be in each pool, but they will be swum fast to slow.
- The 11-12 200 Fly, 200 Back, 200 Breast, and 500 Free will be conducted as deck-seeded, positive check- in, Timed Final events with the fastest ten swimmers swimming in Finals.
- The 13-14 & 15-18 400 IM and 500 Freestyle events will be conducted as Prelim/Final events. These events will be deck seeded, with the top 3 women heats swimming (Slow to Fast, circle-seeded), followed by the top 3 men heats (Slow to Fast, circle-seeded), and then the remaining heats will be competed alternating women/men fast to slow. If two pools are utilized for these events, they will be contested as listed without alternating heats women and men as one gender will be in one pool & the other gender in one pool.
- All 11-12, 13-14, and 15-18 relays will be Timed Finals in the Finals Sessions with the below listed exceptions. All relays will be deck seeded after positive check in on the day of the relay with the Top 10 positively checked in relays competing in the finals sessions. All other relays will compete in the preliminary session. Positive check in for relays will close 30 minutes prior to the start of the session except for Friday session when it will close 45 minutes prior to the start of the sessions. 10 and under relays will be conducted during the Timed Finals session. Meet management reserves the right to have 11-12 relays contested during the Timed Finals/Preliminary session to improve the Finals time line.
- All individual events 400 yards and longer for 10 & under, 11-12, 13-14 and 15-18 age group events as mentioned above will be deck seeded and require a positive check-in. Positive check-in will close thirty minutes prior to the start of the session except for Friday. Friday timed finals session positive check in will close 45 minutes prior to the start of the session.
- Timed Finals/Preliminary session- Swimmers in the 1000 Free and 1650 Free must provide their own timers (and counter if they wish one).
- Seeding will be by SCY times, followed by LCM times. Times may not be converted.
- Relay teams consisting of swimmers not in individual events must meet the relay standard with
- Deck entries for individual and relay events will not be permitted.
- All USA Swimming registration numbers will be verified with the SCLSC registration database.
- The names of swimmers in each “A” Championship Final heat will be announced prior to the start of the
event. The names of swimmers in the “B” heats will be announced as they are in the water.
- The meet will be conducted according to this meet information and the SCLSC Policies and Procedures.
A swimmer that misses their assigned heat will not be entered into another heat of that event unless circumstances are beyond the swimmer’s control as determined by the meet referee and the swimmer may be allowed to swim.
- No refunds will be given.
- Meet management reserves the right to insert breaks in the meet where necessary to allow athletes
proper rest. Meet management also reserves the right to run competition in up to two courses of up to
10 lanes each. Faxed entries will not be accepted. No late entries will be accepted.
- Warm-up procedures: Team lane assignments will be made for each session. All SCLSC and USA
Swimming safety guidelines will be enforced.
- Warm-up/warm-down area open at the discretion of the meet referee.
See Meet Info
- Coaches with swimmers entered in more than three events per day must scratch a swimmer from the excess events. Coaches are encouraged to not over enter swimmers.
- Any swimmer not planning to swim at night in the finals must scratch so those swimmers who would like to swim again may do so. The penalty for failure to show in a final or consolation final is being barred from the remainder of the meet (USA Swimming Rule 207.12.6).
- The penalty for missing a deck-seeded event will result in being barred from the swimmer’s next individual event. (USA Swimming Rule 102.3)
- There will be no penalty for not swimming in the seeded preliminary events.
See Meet Info