Arizona 8&U Championships
March 17, 2018 - March 18, 2018
March 5, 2018
March 16, 2018
(this is a team hosted event)
(this is a team hosted event)
Open to all 8 & under swimmers. The meet is hosted by SAC and will be held at the Cactus pool.
* Theme & Coach Sign-in: The theme is Candy Land. Teams are encouraged to wear bright colors and anything that is Candy Land theme-ish. Each swimmer will receive a goodie bag and we ask that a coach from each team pick up the bags when they check in on Saturday morning. The coach sign-in and bag pick up will be near the entrance of the pool near the large gates....look for balloons :)
* Tent set-up: Families are welcome to set up tents beginning at 9:00am on Saturday. We have a few groups practicing prior to that time but will not open the gates to the pool until 9am. There will be areas of the deck that are unavailable for seating/tents so please ask your families to carefully read any signs on the desk.
* Parade of Athletes: We will have a parade of the athletes starting at 10:55am on Saturday. The warm-up pool will close at 10:45am so teams will have time to get their swimmers together. Teams need to be ready outside the main gate as close to 10:50am as possible. King Candy will be leading the teams around the pool.
* Bullpen/Clerk of Course: We will have a clerk of course (or a bullpen as we call it in Ohio ;) ) for all of the 25 yd events. We have older swimmers and parents who will help make sure the swimmers get to their correct lane on the bulkhead. There will NOT be a clerk of course for the 50s and 100s but we will have people behind the blocks to check the names of swimmers in the next heat. Hopefully, this reduces the chances of kids missing their race.
* Awards: We will be doing awards for the top 3 swimmers in each event throughout the meet. We have the awards starting about midway through the Saturday session to allow us time to finalize results and make sure the swimmers can get to the awards area.
* Hospitality: Coach and volunteer hospitality will be located in an office near the diving well. For teams who have been at our meets in the past, this is a different location but hopefully one that is easier to access for the weekend. Lunch will be served both days, along with snacks, drinks, etc.
* Concessions: We will have a concession area set up throughout the meet as well. There will be a variety of snacks and drinks available.
* Meet Program: Meet programs will be sold in the Concessions area. The cost of the program is $5 for the weekend.
* Photo booth: We will have a fun area for the swimmers as well that includes a photo booth. Parents and coaches can take some fun pictures.
- AZ18-54 AZ SAC 2018 8 and Under Championship.pdf
- Meet Events-UPDATED 2018 AZ 8-U Championships-17Mar2018-002.zip
- Psych Sheet - 8&U Champs.pdf
- Timeline - 8&U Champs.pdf
- Meet Results File (Hytek)
- Final Meet Results - 8&U Championships (PDF)