2018 NCSA AGE GROUP CHAMPIONSHIP MEET
2018 NCSA Age Group Swimming Championships
Orlando YMCA Orlando, FL March 21-24, 2018
MEET WEBSITE: Here
ENTRIES DUE: Will close Monday, March 12, 2018, 11:59 PM EST
SESSION START TIMES: Wednesday-Saturday: 11-12 & 13-14 Prelims & 10 & Unders Timed Finals - 8:30AM; 11-12 & 13-14 Finals-5:30PM
FACILITY: Orlando YMCA Aquatic Center 8422 International Drive Orlando, FL 32819 407-363-1911
- Short Course Yards
- Age Groups: 10 & Under, 11-12, 13-14
- Preliminary/10 & Under
session will be swum in two courses
- All 10 & Under events will be swum in the course closest to the diving well. We will stop competition in that course after each event sequence to award the 10 & Under event from that sequence.
- The remaining age groups will be split between the two courses with the intention of completing both courses at approximately the same time.
- 11-12 & 13-14 Age
- Individual Events are
- Exception: 11-12 400 IM & 500 Free, 13-14 400 IM, 500 Free and 1650 Free will be swum as Timed Finals with the fastest heat (8 swimmers) swum at night with the Finals.
- Relays are Timed Finals and will be swum in the preliminary session.
- With the exception of the
distance events which are swum as timed finals events, swimmers
will advance to finals using the following format
- A Final: Top 8 fastest swimmers from the preliminaries.
- B1 Final: Next 8 fastest swimmers from the preliminaries regardless of age.
- B2 Final: Next 8 fastest swimmers in the bottom of the age group (11 & 13 year olds respectively)
- Individual Events are Prelim-Finals
- 10 & Under Age Group
- All events are Timed Finals
- 10 & Under events will be swum in the morning.
EVENT LIMITS: Swimmers are limited to ten (10) Individual events for the meet. Swimmers are further limited to no more than three (3) individual events per day. Schedule
• Swimmers qualified to swim in individual events will be allowed bonus events based on the following chart:
• While there are no qualifying times for bonus swims, swimmers must enter the event with a provable time within the qualifying period.
• Relay only swimmers may swim up to two (2) bonus events.
|Qualifying Times||Bounus Events|
|7 or more||0|
|Relay Only Swimmers||2|
The following events are not eligible for bonus events: 400 IM, 500 Free, 1650 Free
Times must be achieved between January 1, 2017, and March 14, 2018, dates inclusive.
Short Course Yards (SCY) qualifying times will be seeded first, followed by Long Course Meters (LCM) qualifying times, followed by Short Course Meters (SCM) qualifying times. All qualifying individual and relay times must be provable at the meet. There are no Upper Time Limits for this meet. Times not provable will be subject to a fine established by NCSA (National Club Swimming Association, Inc.) and the swimmer or relay will be scratched and not be seeded into the event.
The qualifying standards will be the 2016 AA and AAA national age group time standards which are listed below.
- Individual - $2.00 per event
- Relays - $5.00 per relay team
- Late entry fees (new cuts made after entry deadline): Individual - $5; Relays - $10
- NCSA Membership Fee - $50.00 per swimmer (including relay only swimmers) All fees are to be paid by credit card in the OME system.
- All session passes $60 includes heat sheet
- Preliminary session $10 includes heat sheet
- Finals session $10 includes heat sheet
- Children 10 & Under Free
- VIP All Session Box $1,200 See information below
VIP SEATING OPTION: We will be offering VIP box seats behind the starting blocks (similar to Olympic Trials).
- Cost: $1,200 for the entire meet
- 8 All session passes with special
access to the box seating area behind the starting blocks.
- The area will be on risers for unobstructed viewing.
- A reserved, 8 seat box with chairs.
- 8 heat sheets per session
AWARDS: Individual NCSA Age Group Championship Medals 1-8; Ribbons 9-16 (for both B Heats). Relay Medals 1-8.
SCORING: Scoring 16 places; The A finalists will score places 1-8. Each B final heat will score 9-16 places. The top 16 relays will earn double the individual points. Individual: 20, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 9, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
- Sunday, March 18: The pool is closed on Sunday.
- Monday, March 19: TBA – will be posted on NCSA website
- Tuesday, March 20: TBA – will be posted on NCSA website
- Wednesday, March 21 to Saturday, March 24: 6:30 AM to 8:20 AM and 4:30 PM to 5:50 PM
OFFICIATING: Officials wishing to volunteer or having questions may contact the Meet Referee, Sandy Drake, prior to the meet at the contact information given above.
The official’s uniform will be white shirt over tan pants, shorts or skirt for all prelims, timed finals and time trials. Finals dress will be blue polo shirt or oxford button down shirt over long, tan pants. Meet shirts will be given out and worn for prelims on Saturday. Saturday finals uniform will be a flowered shirt (aloha shirt) over long, tan pants.