MV Short Course Championships
- 13&Over Prelims/All Finals:
Garvey Aquatic Center
8323 E. Douglas, Wichita, KS 67207
- 12&Under Prelims:
Wichita State University Heskett Center Wiedemann Natatorium
1845 Fairmont, Wichita, KS 67260
Qualifying times are required in order to participate. We are looking for 100% attendance from our qualified swimmers at this Team Championship meet!
Preliminary/Finals format with Top 16 swimmers advancing to Championship Finals, with the following exceptions:
- All Thursday events are Timed Finals.
- The 11-12 500 free is Timed Finals, swum fastest to slowest and alternating women/men.
- The 1000 & 1650 free are Timed Finals, swum fastest to slowest and alternating women/men.
- All 10&U events will have Top 8 swimmers at Finals, with the exception of the 200 IM, which will be Timed Finals (Top 8 seeded swimmers swim at Finals).
- 11-12 200s of Back, Breast, and Fly are Timed Finals (Top 8 seeded swimmers swim at Finals).
- 13-14/Senior 500 free & 400 IM will only advance the Top 8 swimmers to Finals.
- All Relays are Timed Finals, with Top 8 seeded teams swimming at Finals.
- Thursday (timed finals): Warm-ups @ 4:00pm, Meet start @ 5:15pm
- Friday (prelims): Warm-ups @ 8:00am, Meet start @ 9:30am
- Saturday (prelims): Warm-ups @ 7:30am, Meet start @ 9:00am
- Sunday (prelims): Warm-ups @ 7:30am, Meet start @ 9:00am
Actual team warm-up times will be announced closer to the meet. There will be a minimum of 2 hours between the end of Prelims and beginning of Finals. Actual start time for Finals will be announced at the meet.
Swimmers may enter in all events in which they qualify, but may only swim 3 individual events per day and 7 events total for the meet. Any swimmer qualified and entering 1 qualified event is allowed up to 2 bonus events, (having achieved the bonus qualifying time standard in that event). Bonus swims and Time Trials DO count toward the daily/meet limit.
Athletes placing 1st or 2nd in an event at Districts will automatically qualify to swim that event at the Short Course Championships. This will allow for the 2 bonus events (if they have achieved bonus qualifying time standard in that event).
Time Trials will be held between Prelims and Finals on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The deadline for Time Trial entries will be established by the Meet Referee.
Each time will be asked to provide timers based on number of swimmers entered. Team assignments will be sent prior to the meet. Swimmers must provide their own timers and counters for the 1000 free, and 1650 free. Timers will be provided for the 500 free.
- Breakfast Tips
- 2018 Spring Sectional Qualifying Times
- 2018 Missouri Valley Time Standards
- Meet Information