MVS District Champs -- Deadline Sun. Feb. 11
(this is a team hosted event)
Missouri Valley District
Feb 16-18, 2018
Garvey Aquatic Center
8323 East Douglas Ave
Wichita, KS 67207
Meet Format: This is an LSC Championship meet with individual events only.
This meet will be conducted in a Preliminaries/Finals format with the fastest eight (8) swimmers advancing to championship finals, subject to the following exceptions:
- All Friday events will be conducted as timed finals
- All 10&Under events at a distance of 200 yards or greater will be conducted as timed finals.
- On Saturday, the 500 free are timed final events. With the exceptionof the fastest seeded heat, all 500 free heats will be swum in preliminaries and seeded fastest to slowest. The fastest seeded heat of the 500 free will swim in the finals session.
- On Sunday, the 1650 freestyle is a timed final event. All heats of the 1650 freestyle will be swum during prelims as listed within the order of events, except that heats will be configured as alternating women/men and swum fastest to slowest
- On Sunday, there will be a 15 minute break after the 200 butterfly in order to accommodate swimmers in the 1650 freestyle. At the discretion of the referee, this break may be eliminated if there are not female athletes swimming both of these events.
Meet Eligibility: Swimmers who meet the District Championship short course (SC) or long course (LCM) qualifying time by the entry deadline. Swimmers may qualify with long course meters.
***The top 2 swimmers in each event will automatically qualify for the Short Course Championships meet in that event if they do not achieve the SC Championships standard.
Bonus Swims: Each swimmer achieving and entering a minimum of one District Championship qualifying time shall be allowed to enter a maximum of two (2) bonus events in which he/she has not achieved the District qualifying time.
•Bonus entries are only permitted for 50, 100 and 200 yard events.
Friday: Warm-ups: 4:00 PM, Meet Start: 5:30 PM
Saturday & Sunday Prelims: Warm-ups: 7:00 AM, Meet Start: 9:00 AM
There will be a minimum of two (2) hours between the end of the Preliminaries and the beginning of the Finals. Actual starting time for Finals will be announced at the meet.
Commit Deadline: Sunday February 11th, 2018
To commit or decline to participate in this meet, please log into your TeamUnify account, click on events tab, click on the event, click on Attend/Decline, click on your swimmers name, and then select yes or no in the Declaration box. Be sure to declare which sessions can attend and if you have any comments, please put in the notes. Any questions on this process, please let us know.
Entry Limit: A swimmer may enter maximum three (3) individual events per day. Bonus swims and time trials do count toward the 3 events per day rule. There will be no deck entries allowed.
Entry Fees: $4.50 per event
$10.00 facility surcharge
Event Schedule: see document below
Meet Information: Click HERE
- Missouri Valley District Champs 2018 South event schedule.pdf
- 946780_Missouri Valley District Champs 2018 South.pdf
- Meet Events-2018 MV District Championships - South-16Feb2018-001.zip