MVS Short Course Champs--Deadline Sun. Feb. 18
(this is a team hosted event)
Missouri Valley Short Course Championships
Feb. 22-25, 2018
SANCTION NO. MV-18-28
Garvey Aquatic Center
8323 E. Douglas, Wichita, KS 67207
Wichita State University
Heskett Center Wiedemann Natatorium
1845. Fairmont Wichita, KS 67260-0062
Meet Format: This is an LSC Championship meet with individual and relay events. There will be a Preliminaries/Finals format with the fastest eight (1-8) swimmers advancing to championship finals, and the next fastest eight (9-16) advancing to consolation finals. The following exceptions apply:
Meet Eligibility: For all qualified WSC swimmers. Must have achieved the qualifying times in the event. Time standards for the Champ meet can be found HERE.
- Swimmers placing first and second in an event at MVS District Championships but not reaching the MVS Championship qualifying time standard may enter that event at the lowest non-conforming time standard
Meet Eligibility Report coming soon
- Thursday (timed finals): Warm-ups: 4 PM, Meet Start: 5:15 PM
- Friday(preliminaries): Warm-ups: 8:00 AM, Meet Start: 9:30 AM
- Saturday(preliminaries): Warm-ups: 7:30 AM, Meet Start: 9:00 AM
- Sunday(preliminaries): Warm-ups: 7:30 AM, Meet Start: 9:00 AM
- There will be a minimum of two (2) hours between the end of the Preliminaries and the beginning of the Finals. Actual starting time for Finals will be announced at the meet.
Commit Deadline: Sunday, February 18th . 2018
To commit or decline to participate in this meet, please log into your TeamUnify account, click on events tab, click on the event, click on Attend/Decline, click on your swimmers name, and then select yes or no in the Declaration box. Be sure to declare which sessions can attend and if you have any comments, please put in the notes. Any questions on this process, please let us know.
Entry Limit: Swim three (3) events per day and a maximum of seven (7) events for the entire meet
Any swimmer qualifying AND entering in a minimum of one (1) event may enter up totwo (2) bonus events having achieved the bonus qualifying time standard in that event. Bonus events count towards both the daily and meet event limits. The maximum distance for a bonus event is 500 yards.
Entry Fees: $4.50 per event
$9.00 per event deck entry
$7:00 per relay
Swimmer Surcharge: $5.00
Event Schedule: see document below
- 2018 MV SC Champs Meet info sheet.docx
- 944954_2018 MVS Champs Meet Info.pdf
- MVS Champs Meet event schedule.pdf