Short Course Champs 2018 in Wichita KS
Wichita KS - Prelims will be at two different pools! PLEASE READ THE MEET INFO BELOW - Our Deadline for commitment will be earlier than theirs since this done through a different entry system!
- Garvey Aquatic
Center - 8323
E. Douglas, Wichita, KS 67207
- Thursday Warmups - 4:30pm (lanes 4-5 in deep end)
- 13&Up - Friday AM Warmups - 8:25AM (lanes 6-7 in deep end)
- 13&Up - Saturday AM Warmups - 7:30AM (lanes 6-7 in deep end)
- 13&Up - Sunday AM Warmups - 8:20AM (lanes 6-7 in deep end)
State University - Heskett Center Wiedemann
http://www.wichita.edu/online/map2.html 1845. Fairmont
Wichita, KS 67260-0062
- 12&U - Friday AM Warmups - 8:50AM (lanes 5-6, we will share a lane 6 with TSA)
- 12&U - Saturday AM Warmups - 7:55AM (lanes 5-6, we share lane 6 with TSA)
- 12&U - Sunday AM Warmups - 7:30AM (lanes 5-6, we whare lane 6 with TSA)
COST : $10 per swimmer facility fee + $4.50 per event + $40 Coaches Fee
There will also be BONUS times adopted for bonus events.
Qualifying times achieved to swim this meet!
TIME STANDARDS PDF BELOW - Must have qualifying time to swim this meet!
- At the commit section, where you see all the events for your swimmer listed with times > the BLACK TIMES on the left hand side means has achieved a qualifying time in that event
- Must have at least one Short Course Champ Qualifying Time (with that 1 time, you can BONUS 2 more events; However, those BONUS events must also have a specific qualifying time)
- BONUS events have qualifying time standards (See attached PDF for the time standards… Go to your appropriate AGE Group page > Look at the 2 columns labeled SCY and SCY Bonus next the events list CHAMPIONSHIP > You will discover the times that are needed
- MAXIMUM NUMBER of EVENTS for the entire meet is 7 and no more than 3 events per day
- This is a prelim/final meet for the majority of events - Finals is top 1-8 with consolation Final with 9-16 placing from prelims.
SCRATCH PENALTIES are in place with financial
penalty and barring from competing in remaining events
- Scratches for Thursday’s session are due 60 minutes prior to the start of the meet. Scratches will be accepted via email to the Entries Chair between the entry deadline and the first day of the meet (Thursday.)
- Scratches for Friday, Saturday and Sunday preliminary sessions are due by 6:00pm the previous evening.
- Any swimmer who qualifies for an A or B Final, who fails to declare intent to scratch or to scratch per USA Swimming Championship Rules and fails to compete in said final race, which is his/her final race of the Meet, shall be fined one hundred dollars
- A swimmer who positively checks-in or who does not scratch from an individual event on the last day of the meet and fails to compete is penalized $50.00 in prelims and
- $100.00 in finals. Additionally, this applies to timed finals events. 100% of this fine goes to the Missouri Valley Athlete Travel Fund.
- Thursday (timed finals): Warm-ups: 4 PM, Meet Start: 5:15 PM
- Friday(preliminaries): Warm-ups: 8:00 AM, Meet Start: 9:30 AM
- Saturday(preliminaries): Warm-ups: 7:30 AM, Meet Start: 9:00 AM
- Sunday(preliminaries): Warm-ups: 7:30 AM, Meet Start: 9:00 AM
- There will be a minimum of two (2) hours between the end of the Preliminaries and the beginning of the Finals. Actual starting time for Finals will be announced at the meet