Illini District Chamionship
(this is a team hosted event)
This is a team hosted meet. Please note: the requirement for athletes to splash at Districts to participate at the State meet has been eliminated. Coaches will make recommendations for athletes who have qualified for State on whether they should participate. Athletes qualifying for YMCA Nationals will not participate in the meet, rather they will be assigned jobs.
New this season: The District Championship will be run in a different format.
- Boys and girls will swim together
- 10&U athletes will compete in timed finals sessions on Saturday and Sunday morning
- 11&O athletes will compete in timed finals sessions on Saturday and Sunday afternoon
- There is a limit of 6 individual events for the meet
- There is no limit to the number of relays events an athlete can enter
The following individual events will be offered by age group:
- 6&U 25s of each stroke
- 8&U 25s of each stroke, 50 free, 100 IM
- 10&U 50s of each stroke, 100 & 200 free, 100 & 200 IM
- 12&U 50s & 100s of each stroke, 200 free, 200 IM
- 14&U 100s of each stroke, 200 free, 200 IM
- 21&U 100s & 200s of each stroke, 500 free, 200 IM
There will be no Junior District meet for the 2017-2018 season.