2018 Vince Herring Classic Swim Meet (Entries due Dec 17)
Meet Type: This is a 2 ½ day, with timed final and prelim-final sessions. The top 16 finishers in each preliminary event will advance to the evening session of finals. OPEN to ALL QUALIFIED MAKOS
Fees: MSI Entry fee of $5.00 and $6.50 per Individual Swim, $24.00 per Relay Swim and a per swimmer facility fee of $15.00 which will be used to pay for pool rental and RSI surcharge. Meet programs will be on sale for $5.00 per session or an all-inclusive $15.00 for the meet.
- Session 1 - Friday AM - Timed Finals - Warm-ups 12:00-1:00p Meet 1:05p
- Session 2 - Friday PM -12 & U Timed Finals Warm-ups not before 3:00p
- Session 3 - Saturday AM - 13 & O Preliminaries - Warm-ups 6:45-7:50. Meet 8:00a
- Session 4 - Saturday PM - 12 & U Timed Finals - Warm-ups not before 11:00a
- Session 5 – Saturday Finals (Top 16 13 & O) - Warm-ups not before 3:00 PM – Meet –Not before 4pm
- Session 6 - Sunday AM - 12 & U Timed Finals - Warm-ups 7:20-8:25 Meet 8:30a
- Session 7 - Sunday PM -13 & O Timed Finals - Warm-ups not before 11:00a Warm-ups may start in the shallow end or warm-up pool for some afternoon sessions with at least of 10 min in the main competition pool
Meet Location: Rochester Recreation Center Natatorium - 21 Elton Hills Drive, Rochester, MN 55901 (507) 328-2500.
Directions Approaching Rochester from the South or North on US Highway 52 take the 19th Street NW Exit. From the North, take a left across the bridge and continue onto Elton Hills Drive. Follow Elton Hills Drive to just before the intersection with Broadway (0.8 mile). The Rec Center is on the left prior to the Broadway intersection. If you approach from the South take the 19th Street Exit, veer right and continue through the light onto Elton Hills Drive. Follow Elton Hills Drive for approx 1 mile. Pool is on the Left. Entrance to the pool during competition is on the WEST side only.
TEAM COLORS – Please wear either black/gold or NSAC apparel for warm ups at all swim meets. This promotes a more unified presence and promotes more team pride.
SPORTSMANSHIP – Shake hands with opponents after races regardless if you won or lost, no goggle or cap throwing and only draw positive attention to our team.
EVENTS – Coaches have the final say in all events that swimmers compete in. If you are entered into an event you do not want to swim, still give it your best. The coaches have your best interest in mind and put you in events they believe you can swim.
BE EARLY – Please arrive 15 MINUTES prior to the start of meet warm ups.
COMMUNICATION – Speak with your coaches before and after each race.
CHEERING – It is important to cheer on your teammates throughout the duration of the whole meet. This helps to create a unified and supportive environment.