LAMVAC Mayhem C/B/A+ at Foothill
MOUNTAIN VIEW AQUATIC CLUB
PACIFIC SWIMMING LONG COURSE C/B/A+ MEET
MAY 5-6, 2018
Enter Online: https://ome.swimconnection.com/PC/lamv20180505
Heat and lane assignments are posted on the Meet Mobile App. (Results are also available on the app, for a fee.)
Held under USA/Pacific Swimming Sanction No. 18-065
In granting this sanction it is understood and agreed that USA Swimming shall be free from any liabilities or claims for damages arising by reason of injuries to anyone during the conduct of the event.
NOTICE: By entering this meet, the athlete or his/her guardian consents to the publication, via electronic, print or other media, information and/or imagery related to their participation at this meet. Such information and imagery may include, but is not limited to, photographs, video, web casting, television, psych sheets and live meet results.
USE OF AUDIO AND VISUAL: Photography and video recording from behind the blocks or starting areas is prohibited unless prior permission is granted by the Meet Referee. Use of any audio or visual recording devices, including but not limited to film and digital cameras, cell phones and tablets, and Google Glass is not permitted in changing areas, rest rooms or locker rooms. Violation of this recording prohibition may result in ejection from the swimming pool facility by the Meet Referee or his/her designee.
|Meet Referee||Conny Barton|
|Head Starter||Evan Bigall|
|Meet Marshal||Rommel Dongre|
|Admin Official||Larry Rice|
|Meet Director||Hongjun Zhu|
LOCATION: Foothill College, 12345 El Monte Road, Los Altos Hills, CA 94022
DIRECTIONS: The College is west of Highway 280 on El Monte Road. Drop off point for swimmers is on the Bus Stop/Handicapped parking lot at the bottom of the walk bridge. Please do not drop off your swimmers on the roadside; use the parking lot/bus stop. Swimmers may use the stairs to go over the walk bridge to the pool. Map of Foothill College can be found at http://www.foothill.edu/news/maps.php. Designated parking is in Lot 2 ($3.00). Lot 2A is reserved for meet officials and coaches only.
COURSE: 50 meter, outdoor heated pool. Up to eight (8) lanes will be used for competition. Separate, warm-up, cool down area will be available during the meet. The minimum water depth for the course, measured in accordance with Article 103.2.3, is 4.5’ at the start end and 13’ at the turn end. The competition course has not been certified in accordance with 104.2.2C (4).
SESSION A (13
& Over and 11 –
GIRLS): Meet begins at
8:30 AM; Warm-Up is from 7:00 –
SESSION B (10 & Under and 11 – 12 BOYS): Session B will begin 1 hour after Session A finishes, but not before 12:00 PM. Session B Warm-Ups will begin immediately after Session A finishes.
Current USA and Pacific Swimming rules and warm-up
ern the meet.
A copy of these procedures will be posted at the Clerk-
• All events are timed finals.
• All events will swim fast to slow.
Athletes may compete in a maximum of THREE
events per day.
• All athletes ages 12 and under should complete competition within four (4) hours.
• Entries will be accepted until the number of splashes exceeds the estimated time line, per the “Four-Hour Rule,” based on the athletes age and gender.
• If local conditions warrant it, the Meet Referee, with the concurrence of the Meet Director , may require a mandatory scratch down . Immediate cash refunds will be made for any mandatory scratches .
• A ll coaches and deck officials must wear their USA Swimming membership cards in a visible manner.
• ALL Athletes age 8 and under entered in the 100 Freestyle and/or 100 Butterfly must have achieved a PC “A” Time Standard for their age group and gender in the 50 meter distance of that stroke.
• All athletes entered in the 400 meter Freestyle or 400 meter IM must have achieved a USA-S “B” Time Standard for their age group and gender.
• All athletes competing in the 400 meter Freestyle or 400 meter IM events must provide their own lane timers.
ATTENTION HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETES: If you are a high school swimmer in season, you need to be Unattached from this meet. It is the athlete’s responsibility to be Unattached from this meet. You can un-attach at the meet if necessary. This does not apply to athletes swimming under the rules of the Nevada Interscholastic Activities Association (NIAA).
UNACCOMPANIED SWIMMERS: Any USA-S athlete-member competing at the meet must be accompanied by a USA Swimming member-coach for the purposes of athlete supervision during warm-up, competition and warm-down. If a coach-member of the athlete’s USA-S Club does not attend the meet to serve in said supervisory capacity, it is the responsibility of the athlete or the athlete’s legal guardian to arrange for supervision by a USA-S member-coach. The Meet Director or Meet Referee may assist the athlete in making arrangements for such supervision; however, it is recommended that such arrangements be made in advance of the meet by the athlete’s USA-S Club Member-Coach.
RACING STARTS: Athletes must be certified by a USA-S member-coach as being proficient in performing a racing start, or must start the race in the water. It is the responsibility of the athlete or the athlete’s legal guardian to ensure compliance with this requirement.
Smoking and the use of other tobacco products is prohibited on the
in the locker rooms
in spectator seating
in standing areas and in all areas used by athletes
during the meet and during warm-
• Sale and use of alcoholic beverages is prohibited in all areas of the meet venue .
• No glass containers are allowed in the meet venue .
No propane heater is permitted e
cept for snack bar/meet operations.
• All shelters must be properl y secured and only in designated areas. Poolside areas are reserved for coaches and officials only. All other shelters will be in the other designated areas only.
• Changing into or out of swimsuits other than in locker rooms or other designated areas is prohibited.
· Destructive devices, to include but not limited to, explosive devices and equipment, firearms (open or concealed), blades, knives, mace, stun guns and blunt objects are strictly prohibited in the swimming facility and its surrounding areas. If observed, the Meet Referee or his/her designee may ask that these devices be stored safely away from the public or removed from the facility. Noncompliance may result in the reporting to law enforcement authorities and ejection from the facility. Law enforcement officers (LEO) are exempt per applicable laws.
· Operation of a drone, or any other flying apparatus, is prohibited over the venue (pools, athlete/coach areas, spectator areas, and open ceiling locker rooms) any time athletes, coaches, officials and/or spectators are present.
· Pets, with the exception of working service animals, are prohibited in the meet venue.
• Athletes must be current members of U SA-S and enter t heir name and registration number on the meet entry card as they a r e shown on their Registration Card. If this is not done , it may be difficult to match the athlete w ith the registration and times database . The meet host will check all athlete registrations against the SWIMS database and if not found to be registered , the Meet Director shall accept the registration at the meet (a $10 surcharge will be added to the regular registration fee) . Duplicate registrations will be refunded by mail.
“A” Division must have met at least USA Swimming
standard. Athletes in the
“B” Division must have met at least the listed
standard. All entry times slower than the listed “B”
time standard will be in the “C” Division.
• Entries with "NO TIME" will be ACCEPTED. (EXCEPTION – 400 FREE and 400 IM, and for 8 and under, 100 FREE. SEE RULES).
times submitted for this meet will be checked against a computer
database and may be changed in accordance with Pacific Swimming
Entry Time Verification Procedures.
• Disabled athletes are welcome to attend this meet and should contact the Meet Director or Meet Referee regarding any special accommodations on entry times and seeding per Pacific Swimming policy.
Athletes 19 years
of age and over may compete in the meet for time only, no awards.
Such athletes must have met standards for the 17-18 age
• The athlete’s age will be the age of the athlete on the first day of the meet.
ENTRY PRIORITY: Zone 1N athletes entering online must do so by 11:59 PM Wednesday, April 18th in order to receive priority acceptance to the meet. Surface mail entries must be postmarked by Monday, April 16th in order to receive priority acceptance to the meet. No athletes other than those in Zone 1N may enter the meet until the priority period has closed.
ENTRY FEES: $4.00 per event plus a $10.00 participation fee per athlete. Entries will be rejected if payment is not sent at time of request. NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE, EXCEPT MANDATORY SCRATCH DOWNS.
ONLINE ENTRIES: To enter online go to https://ome.swimconnection.com/PC/lamv20180505 to receive an immediate entry confi r mation. This method requires payment by credit car d . Swim Connection, LLC charges a processing fee for this service , equal to $1 per athlete plus 5% of the total Entry Fees. Please note that the processing fee is a separate fee from the Entry Fees. If you do not wish to pay the processing fee , enter the meet using a mail entry . Entering online is a convenience, is completely voluntary, and is in no way required or expected of an athlete by Pacific Swimming. Online entries will be accepted through Wednesday, April 25th, 2018 at 11:59 PM.
MAILED OR HAND DELIVERED ENTRIES: Entries must be on the attached consolidated entry form. Forms must be filled out completely and printed clearly with athlete’s best time. Entries must be postmarked by midnight, Monday, April 23th, 2018 or hand delivered by 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 25th, 2018. No late entries will be accepted. No refunds will be made, except mandatory scratch downs. Requests for confirmation of receipt of entries should include a self-addressed envelope.
Make check payable to: LAMVAC
PO Box 1269
Los Altos, CA 94023-1269
Hand deliver entries to:
227 Solana Drive
Los Altos, CA 94022
CHECK-IN: The meet will be deck seeded. Athletes must check-in at the Clerk-of-Course. No event shall be closed more than 30 minutes before the scheduled start of the session. Close of check-in for all individual events shall be no more than 60 minutes before the estimated time of the start of the first heat of the event. Athletes who do not check in will not be seeded and will not be allowed to compete in that event.
SCRATCHES: Any athletes not reporting for or competing in an individual timed final event that they have checked in for shall not be penalized.
AWARDS: Individual events will be awarded in the A, B, and C division. Ribbons for First through Eighth place will be given to the following age groups 8 & U, 9-10, 11-12. Athletes 13 years of age and older will not receive awards. “A” time medals will be given to swimmers achieving a new “A” time, regardless of place achieved in the event. All awards must be picked up at the meet by coaches at the end of the meet. Awards will not be mailed.
ADMISSION: Free. A program
will NOT be available.
REFRESHMENTS: A snack bar will be available throughout the competition. Generous and friendly hospitality will be provided for
working deck officials, and coaches.
MISCELLANEOUS: No overnight parking is allowed . Facilities will not be provided after meet hours. All participating clubs are expected to provide lane timers based upon the number of athletes registered to swim each day. Club timing lanes for Saturday and Sunday will be assigned and coaches will be notified of assignments during the week prior to the meet.
MINIMUM OFFICIALS: Clubs must follow Zone 1 North rules for providing officials. Each club must provide officials for each session according to the number of athletes entered in that session, following the table below. Clubs that do not provide sufficient officials must provide coaches to act in the place of officials.