December 15, 2017 - December 17, 2017
December 4, 2017
Watermania, Richmond BC.
- This meet is open to swimmers who have achieved one posted qualifying time in their designated age category.
- Athletes with 1 QT will receive 2 bonus swims, athletes with 2 times will receive 1 bonus swim, athletes with 3 or more times will not receive any bonus swims.
- A swimmer may enter as many events as they like, as long as they have met the qualifying time.
- Preliminaries will be run with male & female pools, alternating deep & shallow per day.
- All heats will be senior seeded, slowest to fastest. (Distance fastest to slowest)
- Preliminary heats will be start overs, with the previous heat remaining in the pool, except in backstroke, where swimmers will clear the pool between heats.
- If timelines require, 400 Free and 400 IM may be restricted to the fastest 12 in each age category. Teams will be notified via e-mail if their swimmers are not in the event, and another event may be selected before the scratch deadline.
- Swimmers missing a preliminary heat will be considered a scratch and will not be entered in another heat in that event. • Where possible, swimoffs will run before the end of the session in which the tie occurred, at a time mutually agreed upon by coaches and officials. Finals & Awards
- will be run out of the deep end.
- 11&U events will have only ‘A’ Finals.
- 400 meter events will have only ‘A’ Finals.
- ‘A’ & ‘B’ Finals will be held for all 12&13, 14&15 and 16&O events 50 to 200 meters with 24 or more swimmers entered as of the scratch deadline.
- ‘A’ Finals will swim before ‘B’ Finals.
- Finalists are considered to be the top 16 plus 4 (top 8 plus 4 for events with only ‘A’ finals). Failure to scratch a finalist or alternate will result in a scratch penalty if the alternate is called. This penalty will adhere to Swim BC’s scratch policy at heats/finals meets.
- Awards will be given for 1st through 8th for individual events.
- FastSm Session Dec 8 2017.pdf
- Psych Sheets Dec 10 (1).pdf