Addition to the agenda: please be prepared to set the SC season schedule at this meeting. I will have a template available. Thank you.
Spring 2018 HOD Meeting will be held at the Courtyard Marriott in Bridgeport, WV
Swim Practice for rising Freshman and all high school aged swimmers at 1030am at Salem International.
Coaches/Athletes Meeting at 1pm (Pizza provided for the athletes)
HOD Meeting at 2pm
Please send agenda requests to Ashley Peters at email@example.com no later than April 1st. Agenda will be posted no later than April 7th.
1. We currently ask each Group Member to designate an athlete to represent that Group Member in the athletes meeting. My proposal is to give them more involvement in the LSC by allowing them to also represent their Group Member. It increases the Group Member voting rights from one to two.
MEMBERS The House of Delegates of WVS shall consist of the Group Member Representatives, the Athlete Representatives, the Coach Representatives, the Board Members designated in Article Section 5.1, and the At Large House Members.
1. GROUP MEMBER REPRESENTATIVES Each Group Member in good standing shall appoint from its membership a Group Member Representative, and one or more alternates and an athlete representative (or athlete alternate). The appointment shall be in writing, addressed to the Secretary of WVS and duly certified by the chief executive offer or secretary of the appointing Group Member. The appointing Group Member may withdraw its Group Member Representative or one or more of its alternates and substitute a new Group Member Representative or new alternates by written notice, addressed to the Secretary of WVS and signed by the chief executive officer or secretary of the appointing Group Member.
2. The Coach Representative is elected by the HOD. It seems far more logical that the Coaches Representative is elected by the coaches and NOT the HOD. See Article 4.1.4
4. COACH REPRESENTATIVE One Coach Representative shall be elected, in even numbered years for a two year term, or until a successor is elected. The election of the Coach Representative shall be conducted at the same meeting at which other elections are conducted. The election of the Coach Representatives shall be conducted during a caucus prior to the Fall Meeting of the WVS House of Delegates and determined by a majority of the Coach Members in good standing present and voting or, failing that, at a time and place and in a manner designated by the Board of Directors.
3. The Officials Chair is elected by the HOD. It seems far more logical that the Officials Chair is elected by the officials and NOT the HOD. See Article 6.1
* The election of the Officials Chair shall be in odd-numbered years by a plurality (or relative majority) vote of the currently registered officials of WVS at a time and place and in a manner designated by the Board of Directors .
** The election of the Coach Representatives shall be conducted during a caucus at the Annual Fall Meeting of the WVS House of Delegates and determined by a majority of the Coach Members in good standing present and voting or, failing that, at a time and place and in a manner designated by the Board of Directors.
a. OVC Chair The OVC Chair is authorized and obligated to issue official verification cards (OVC's) for eligible performance at meets that are sanctioned or approved for such purpose by WVS.