2018 SCST Speedo Endless Summer Classic & 50 Free Skins Competition
(this is a team hosted event)
SCST Team Goals -
- SCST will be early for Warm Ups. There are some
changes in Warm Ups.
- Saturday Session 1 - Warm Up 7:00am / Start 8:00am
- Saturday Session 2 (50 Free Skins) - Warm Up 11:30am / Start 12:00pm - This is a Change
- Saturday Session 3 - Warm Up 1:15pm / Start 2:00pm
- Sunday Session 4 - Warm Up 7:00am / Start 8:00am
- Sunday Session 5 - Warm Up 12:00pm / Start 1:00pm
- Sunday Session 6 (1500 Free) - Warm Up 4:45pm / Start 5:00pm - This is a Change
- SCST will sit as a Team, STRENGTH IN NUMBERS!
- SCST will have a Team Cheer at EVERY Session!
- SCST swimmers will stay protected from the sun and stay hydrated all day.
- SCST swimmers will not breath their first stroke Off ALL Starts and Turns!
- SCST swimmers will continue to work on their race plan for each race.
- SCST will achieve 60 NEW ISI Championship Time Standards and 8 NEW USA "AAA" or faster National Time Standards.
- SCST will have less than 5% of our swims disqualified (DQ). At the 2017 SCST Endless Summer Time Trial SCST had 55 swims disqualified, 5% of our swims.
- SCST will have 50% improved times. At the 2017 SCST Endless Summer Time Trial SCST Swimmers had 44% improved swims.
- SCST will take pride in being a part of SCST and clean up their Team area after each session!
- SCST will have a Team appearance, SATURDAY Swimmers wear your BLUE SC T-Shirt and SUNDAY Swimmers wear your ORANGE SC T-Shirt.
LOCATION: Swanson Pool, 8 North Avenue St. Charles, IL 60174
POOL: Outdoor 8 lane 50 meter pool. The pool has Kiefer lane lines and Paragon starting blocks, and a Colorado timing system. Beep horn systems with strobes will be used. The pool ranges in depth from 3.5 ft. deep to 12ft. deep at the starting end. The competition course has not been certified in accordance with 104.2.2C (4).
We have made some changes to the timeline. Changes are made below in RED. PLEASE share with other Swimmers and Families.
|Session / Day||Warm Up Pool Open||Competition Pool Open||Session Start Time|
|#1 - Saturday||During Session #1||7:00am||8:00am|
|#2 - Saturday SKINS EVENT||11:30am until competition pool opens.||At completion of Session 1 for 30 minutes; not before 11:30am.||30 minutes after Session 1, not before 12:00pm|
|# 3 - Saturday||1:30pm until competition pool opens, during session.||At completion of Session 2 for 45 minutes, not before 1:15pm.||45 minutes after Session 2, not before 2:00pm|
|#4 - Sunday||During Session 4||7:00am||8:00am|
|#5 - Sunday||11:30am until competition pool opens, open during session.||At completion of Session 4 for 1 hour; not before noon.||1 hour after Session 4, not before 1:00pm|
|#6 - Sunday 1500 FREE||4:30pm and throughout session||At completion of Session 5 for 30 minuts, not before 4:45pm||30 minutes after Session 5, not before 5:00pm|
ENTRY DEADLINE: Entries will not be accepted before 8:00AM, Friday, June 1st, 2018. We will accept entries until the timeline capacity.
ENTRY FEES: Individual events are $4.00 each. A surcharge of $2.00 per swimmer has been instituted by ISI, Inc. for the Athlete Travel Reimbursement Fund. Make checks payable to St. Charles Aquatics. Deck Entries will be permitted only if there is space available. No additional heats will be added. A fee of $10.00 per individual event is to be paid in full that day. If a swimmer is only attending for the Skins Event the entry fee shall be $5.00.
ENTRY LIMITS: Swimmers will be limited to 3 individual events per day. If the individual is entered in more than 3 events, the entry will be made by order of events starting with event #1 until the limit is satisfied. Deck Entries may be allowed at the Meet Referee’s discretion. SCST reserves the right to limit any event 200M or longer to conform to the USA Swimming and ISI time limitation rules, and specifically indicates the 12 and under 400m Free has traditionally been limited. The 1500m Free shall be limited to four heats each of boys and girls. The Skins event shall be limited to the top 96 of each boys and girls. No refunds will be issued in limited events. Every effort will be made to accommodate all swimmers.
50 FREE SKINS EVENT: We will accept the top 96 entries for each boys and girls. You need not be otherwise entered in this meet to swim in this event, though entry fees are different in this case (see Entry Fees, above).
Rules for the event are as follows:
- First Round : All swimmers shall compete, with the fastest three heats being circle seeded. All girls will swim, then all boys.
- Second Round : The top 16 finishers from the first round shall advance and swim in two heats, seeded slowest then fastest based upon round one times. Both girls heats shall compete, then both boys.
- Third Round and after : The top 8 finishers in the second round shall be assigned a lane, which will remain their lane throughout the rest of the competition. After the round of 8 we will swim rounds of the top 6, 5, 4, 3 and two to determine a winner. Heats will alternate girls then boys. If for any reason a swimmer cannot continue in the competition his or her place will be filled by the next finishing swimmer from the previous round.
Times and finishes: All times will be maintained and be eligible for entry into the SWIMS database, and official time shall determine advancement as determined by the Administrative Referee as designated by the Meet Referee. All rules decisions for this event are the purview of the Meet Referee.
Awards: The winning girl and boy shall receive a trophy and prizes from our sponsor appropriate under the USA Swimming rules.
CHECK - IN: THIS IS A POSITIVE CHECK - IN MEET. We will close check-in for all sessions 40 minutes prior to session starts, as announced at the meet. The Skins event will be pre-seeded.
AWARDS: Awards for individual events will be medals for places 1 through 8 and ribbons for places 9-16 for the 8 & Unders, 9-10, and 11-12 Age Groups. Awards will be available at the end of the meet. The host team will not be responsible for mailing awards.
PARKING: Outside SCST Parking Signs will be posted directing swim meet traffic to the appropriate parking lot and entrance. PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN THE FRONT PARKING LOT. Park in the lots designated by the signs. Do not enter through the main entrance of the building. Entry to the meet will be at the EAST entrance of the building. We must enforce theses rules in order to continue to use this facility.
WARM-UP POOL: A short course warm-up/warm-down pool is available for use. The use of the pool is for that purpose only and all coaches are responsible for enforcement of warm-up policies for their swimmers. A complete set of rules and policies will be included in the coach’s packet.
- 2018 SCST Speedo Endless Summer Classic & Open 50 Free Skins
- 2018 SCST Speedo Endless Summer Classic - Set Up File
- 2018 SCST Speedo Endless Summer Classic Time Trial - Psych Sheet
- 2018 SCST Speedo Endless Summer Classic Time Trial - Session Report
- 2018 SCST Speedo Endless Summer Classic Time Trial - Team Entries
- 2018 SCST Speedo Endless Summer Classic Time Trial - Meet Back Up
- 2018 SCST Speedo Endless Summer Classic Time Trial - Final Results File
- 2018 SCST Speedo Endless Summer Classic Time Trial - Final Results pdf