2018 AzSI 8-Under Championships
March 17, 2018 (07:00 AM) - March 18, 2018 (02:30 PM)
March 9, 2018
Important notes for the weekend:
* Theme & Coach Sign-in: Again, the theme is Candy Land. Teams are encouraged to wear bright colors and anything that is Candy Land theme-ish. We will have goodie bags for each of the swimmers and ask that a coach from each team pick up the bags when they check inmorning. The coach sign-in and bag pick up will be near the entrance of the pool near the large gates....look for balloons :)
* Tent set-up: Your families are welcome to set up tents beginning at. We have a few groups practicing prior to that time but will not open the gates to the pool until There will be areas of the desk that are unable for sitting/tents so please ask your families to carefully read any signs on the desk.
* Parade of Athletes: We will have a parade of the athletes starting at. The warm-up pool will close at so you should have time to get your swimmers together. Please have team ready outside the main gate as close to as possible. King Candy will be leading the teams around the pool.
* Bullpen/Clerk of Course: We will have a clerk of course (or a bullpen as we call it in Ohio ;) ) for all of the 25 yd events. We have older swimmers and parents who will help make sure the swimmers get to their correct lane on the bulkhead. There will NOT be a clerk of course for the 50s and 100s but we will have people behind the blocks to check the names of swimmers in the next heat. Hopefully, this reduces the chances of kids missing their race.
* Awards: We will be doing awards for the top 3 swimmers in each event throughout the meet. We have the awards starting about midway through thesession to allow us time to finalize results and make sure the swimmers can get to the awards area.
* Hospitality: Coach and volunteer hospitality will be located in an office near the diving well. For teams who have been at our meets in the past, this is a different location but hopefully one that is easier to access for the weekend. Lunch will be served both days, along with snacks, drinks, etc.
* Concessions: We will have a concession area set up throughout the meet as well. There will be a variety of snacks and drinks available.
* Meet Program: Meet programs will be sold in the Concessions area. The cost of the program is $5 for the weekend.
* Photo booth: We will have a fun area for the swimmers as well that includes a photo booth. Parents and coaches can take some fun pictures.