GTAC's Titan Aloha Classic
Location: Glenbrook South High School
Address: 4000 W. Lake Ave., Glenview, IL 60025
Dates: January 26-28, 2018
Sign Up by: December 29, 2017
|Session||Day||Age Group||Meet Start Time||Warm-Up Arrival Time||Positive Check-In Closes|
|1||Friday Evening||12 & Under,|
|5:30 pm||4:15 pm||4:50 pm|
|2||Saturday Morning||9/10, 11/12||8:00 am||6:45 am||7:20 am|
|3||Saturday Afternoon||8 & Under, 10 & Under, Open||
|12:15 pm||12:50 pm|
|4||Sunday Morning||9/10, 11/12||8:00 am||6:45 am||7:20 am|
|5||Sunday Afternoon||8 & Under, 10 & Under, Open||1:30 pm||12:15 pm||12:50 pm|
Friday - Any WEST T-Shirt
Saturday - BLUE WEST T-Shirt
Sunday - WHITE WEST T-Shirt
(No High School Apparel)
Email update from GTAC (1/24/2018):
It looks like we're going to get almost Hawaiian-like weather this weekend...at least better than previous years.
Let me know if you need anything else.
If you want to make any last minute changes, I'll try to do as much as I can.
Email update from GTAC (1/18/2018):
Thanks for coming to our annual Aloha Classic! Always looking forward to hosting all of your clubs.
Some requests for you:
will be asking for timing help too.
- West: 2 lanes = 4 timers (all sessions, Friday PM each swimmer has own)
- CWAC: 1 lane = 2 timers (all sessions, Friday PM each swimmer has own)
- SWAQ: 1 lane = 2 timers (all sessions, Friday PM each swimmer has own)
- WSO: 1 lane Saturday AM = 2 timers / 1 lane Sunday AM = 2 timers (Friday PM each swimmer has own)
- Iguanas: 1 lane Sunday PM = 2 timers (Friday PM each swimmer has own)
- Flying Fish: 1 lane Saturday PM = 2 timers (Friday PM each swimmer has own)
- Our amazing Aloha meet
organizers want to know
- How many coaches are coming?
- Any special arrangements for swimmers or parents that we can help with?
- Friday PM Session will last
about 3 hours
- If you could send
estimated times for any "NT" swimmers, this will help
the timeline move along and have a more competitive heat.
- We hope the 6 lane lane pool will be available for warm-ups, if
your swimmers want to come later
- I can't promise it will be in working condition (we've had issues lately)
- If swimmer is coming late, make sure that someone checks them in
- We hope the 6 lane lane pool will be available for warm-ups, if your swimmers want to come later
- If you could send estimated times for any "NT" swimmers, this will help the timeline move along and have a more competitive heat.
- a timer for the 400 IM
- a timer and counter for 500 and 1650
- Friday PM Session will last about 3 hours
Yet more meet information:
On Saturday AM
session, the 6 lane pool will be closed from 8:00 -
11:30 am, due to HS practices
- We will be able to warm-up for 7:00 - 8:00 am
- On Sunday, the 6 lane pool will be available (...hopefully)
- Because the AM sessions are almost full, we probably won't be holding time trials. (sorry)
- This may not be an issue, but on the entry file it looks like the 200 IM Open (male) is on Friday PM session. I don't know why this happened. This event is on the Sunday PM session.
- We'll have swimmers' seating in the 6 lane pool bleachers.
- In the past years, other activities are going on at GBS during the meet. This year is no exception. Parking may be tight but there's plenty of spots.
Let's pray to the Hawaiian gods for good weather.
See you all soon!
This meet is intended for ALL WEST Swimmers!! This is our SECOND TO LAST REGULAR SEASON MEET before Feed the Fire, Regionals, State and Nationals.
It is VERY IMPORTANT to get your swimmers in this meet as the season closes. They need to race as much as possible leading up to the Championship Season.
The GTAC meet is in a very fast all deep pool and includes 200s of stroke for the 11-12s.
- GTAC Titan Aloha Classic - Meet Packet
- GTAC Titan Aloha Classic - Order of Events
- WEST Swim Club - GTAC Titan Aloha Classic - Final Entries (1/18/2018)
- WEST Swim Club - GTAC Titan Aloha Classic - Timelines (1/24/2018)
- WEST Swim Club - GTAC Titan Aloha Classic - Psych Sheet (1/24/2018)