When: May 4-6, 2018
Where: Liberty University
The Liberty University facility provides a 9-lane, 50 meter competition pool with moveable bulkhead, separate 8-lane, 25 yard diving well, and supporting amenities including hospitality and concession stand.
· 7 ft. continuous depth; overflow gutters with non-turbulent lane markers.
· Indoor 8-lane 25 yard diving well pool for continuous warm-up, cool-down.
· Non-Turbulent Lane Markers in both pools.
· Paddock Starting Blocks with trackplates, Colorado backstroke wedges, Daktronics timing system.
· Spectator wrap-around three-sided seating for 1400.
· Two video boards allow for two simultaneous course displays, plus the ability to scroll preliminary results.
· The natatorium combines a 1-2 micron regenerative filter with an ultraviolet light disinfect system, ensuring premium water quality amidst heavy usage.
· The competition course has been certified in accordance with current USA Swimming Rules and Regulations, Article 104.2.2C (4). The copy of such certification is on file with USA Swimming.
All 12 & younger swimmers will swim timed finals in the afternoons Friday and Saturday 2
· All 13 & older swimmers will swim a preliminary session in the morning Friday and Saturday. The top 16 swimmers in 13-14 and Senior age groups will swim the finals session Friday and Saturday evening.
· Sunday morning session 13-14 and senior 800 and 1500 freestyle timed final.
· Sunday mid-day session, 10 & Under, 11-12, 13-14 and Senior timed finals.
· Depending on the number of entries, chase starts may be used at the discretion of the meet referee.
General Warm Up:
Friday and Saturday morning sessions: General warm-ups start at 6:30-7:25 am, specific start at 7:25-7:50 AM lanes 1 & 9 pace and 2 & 8 sprint; competition starts at 8:00 AM.
· Friday and Saturday afternoon sessions: Assigned warm-ups start not before 12:30 PM; competition starts not before 1:30 PM.
· Friday and Saturday Final sessions: General warm-ups start not before 5:00 PM, specific start not before 5:30 PM; competition starts not before 6:00 PM.
· Sunday morning distance session: General warm-ups start at 7:00 AM, pace lanes will be assigned as needed. Competition starts at 8:00 AM.
· Sunday mid-day session: Assigned warm-ups start not before 12:00 PM; competition starts not before 1:00 PM.
· Lane assignment and warm-up times for individual clubs will be posted on the Poseidon website no later than May 1, 2018 and will also be emailed to the contact person of the participating clubs.
· If the morning session runs late, afternoon warm-ups will begin immediately after the morning session ends.
As always, we want to dress like a team, so please try to wear your Light Blue Poseidon shirt on Saturday and your Navy Blue shirt on Sunday.
· Individual events: Ribbons will be awarded for first through eighth place.
- 13 and over events will be given separate awards for 13-14 and 15 & Over age groups.
- 12 and under events will be given separate awards for 11-12 and 10 & Under age groups.
- 10 & under events will be given separate awards for 9-10 and 8 & Under age groups.