Poseidon's Long Course Luau A/BB/B/C P/F
When: June 16-18, 2018
Where: Jeff Rouse Swim and Sports Center
Who: A/BB/B/C, Prelims/Finals
The Jeff Rouse Swim and Sport Center provides 2 indoor pools and supporting amenities including hospitality and concession stand.
- Eight lanes, 50-meter competition pool, 12 feet deep at the start end and 6.7 feet at the turn end; overflow gutters with non-turbulent lane markers.
- Indoor 6 lane 25 yard pool for continuous warm-up, cool-down.
- Non-Turbulent Lane Markers in both pools.
- Competitor Starting Blocks, CTS6 with automatic and semi-automatic timing, backup Dolphin wireless stopwatches.
- Spectator seating for 700 plus.
- The competition course has been certified in accordance with current USA Swimming Rules and Regulations, Article 104.2.2C (4). The copy of such certification is on file with USA Swimming.
- Saturday, Sunday, Monday: 13 & older swimmers will swim in the morning preliminary session with the top 16 13-14 and top 16 15 & older swimmers competing in A & B finals that evening. Finals will be swum 13-14 B, then A and 15 & older B, then A.
- Event #7 (800 Freestyle) and event # 60 (1500 Freestyle) will be timed final events and will be limited to 4 heats, with 3 heats swum in prelims and fastest heat of 13 & Older swimmers swum in finals.
- Saturday, Sunday, and Monday: 11-12 swimmers will swim preliminaries in the afternoon session with the top 8 swimming during finals in the evening. 10 & younger swimmers will swim timed finals in the afternoon session.
- Chase starts may be used at the discretion of the referee.
- A time trial may be offered Monday after finals for any interested swimmers. Any event offered in the meet may be swum in the time trial.
Morning sessions: Warm-ups 7:00-7:30 AM general, 7:30 – 7:50 AM, specific –lanes 1 & 8 pace and 2 & 7 sprint. Competition starts at 8:00 AM
- Afternoon sessions: Warm-ups not before 12:30 PM; competition starts not before 1:30 PM. 2
- Finals sessions: Warm-ups not before 5:00 PM, competition starts at not before 6:00 PM.
- Lane assignment and warm-up times for individual clubs will be posted on the Poseidon website no later than Tuesday, June 12, 2018, and will also be emailed to the contact person of the participating clubs.
- If the morning session runs late, afternoon warm-ups will begin immediately after the morning session ends.
As always, we want to dress like a team, so please try to wear your Light Blue Poseidon shirt on Saturday and your Navy Blue shirt on Sunday and White on Monday.
- Individual events: Ribbons will be awarded for first through
- 13 & Over events will be given separate awards for 13-14 and Open age groups.
- 10 & Under events will be given separate awards for 9-10 and 8 & Under age groups.
- Leis will be given to heat winners during prelims.