VSI Sr Champs
VSI Sr. Champs
Must have qualifying times
When: July 19-22, 2018
Where: Liberty University
Timer sign up: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/
Warm Ups: General warm ups
Thursday: On deck time 12:15pm
Friday, Saturday & Sunday AM On deck 6:15am
Friday & Saturday Finals on deck time 4;15pm
Sunday Finals on deck time 3:15pm
Officials Sign up: Senior Champs
• Liberty University facility provides a 9-lane, 50-meter
competition pool with moveable bulkhead, separate 8-lane 25-yard
diving well, and supporting amenities including hospitality and
• The course of competition will be an indoor 9-lane 50-meter racing course with 7 feet continuous depth; overflow gutters with non-turbulent lane markers.
• Indoor 8-lane 25-yard diving well pool for continuous warm-up and cool down.
• Paddock starting blocks with track plates, Colorado backstroke wedges, and Daktronics timing system.
• Spectator wrap-around three-sided seating for 1,400.
• Two video boards allow for two simultaneous course displays plus the ability to scroll preliminary results.
• The natatorium combines a 1-2 micron regenerative filter with an ultraviolet light disinfect system, ensuring premium water quality during heavy usage.
• The competition course has not been certified in accordance with current USA Swimming Rules and Regulations, Article 104.2.2C (4).
• Individual events EXCEPT the 1500 meter Freestyle and the 800 meter Freestyle will be swum as trials and finals.
• The 1500 meter Freestyle will be swum fastest to slowest as a timed final event, alternating women and men.
• The 400 meter Individual Medley and the 400 meter Freestyle will be swum as trials and finals.
o In trials, the four fastest women’s heats will be swum first followed by the four fastest men’s heats. These heats will be swum slowest to fastest.
o The remaining heats in trials will be swum fastest to slowest, alternating women and men.
• The 800 meter Freestyle will be swum slowest to fastest as a timed final event, alternating women and men. The event seeding will be distributed following the close of the positive check-in.
o The starting time for the first heat
will be scheduled so that the second fastest heat of the
men’s event is concluded at the start of the finals warm-up
o The fastest women’s and men’s heat will swim in the finals session
• Top 36 qualifiers in prelims of each event will compete in each day’s final session in the following order: D-Final (18 & under only bonus heat), C-Final (bonus heat), B-Final (consolation heat), and the A-Final (championship heat)
o D-Final, C-Final, B-Final, and A-Final will report directly to their assigned starting block. A-Final swimmers will be presented with music, their names and team affiliation announced prior to the start of the race.
o Finals session timeline will be posted in the finals heat sheet for the coaches and officials.
• Relay events: All relay events will be timed finals swum slowest to fastest. The fastest 2 heats of the 400 meter Freestyle Relay, the 800 meter Freestyle Relay, and the 400 Medley Relay will be swum during the finals session with any other heats swum during the trials session.
• Thursday afternoon/evening session: Warm-ups at 12:30
-1:50 pm; competition starts at 2:00 pm.
o 12:30 – 1:20 pm: All lanes designated for general warm-up
o 1:20 – 1:50 pm: Lanes 1, 2 and 9 designated for pace. Lanes 3 through 8 will remain general. Competition pool limited to those swimmers participating in the Thursday distance session.
• Friday, Saturday, and Sunday Trials sessions: Warm-ups 6:30 – 8:20 am; Friday competition starts 8:40 am following the General Meeting at 8:25 am, Saturday & Sunday competition starts at 8:30 am.
o 6:30-7:50 am: All lanes designated for general warm-up
o 7:50-8:20 am: Lanes 1 and 9 designated for pace; Lanes 2-3 and 7-8 designated for sprint; Lanes 4-6 and all other lanes will remain general.
• Finals session on Friday & Saturday: Warm-ups 4:30 – 5:35 pm; competition starts at 5:45 pm.
o 4:30-5:15 pm: All lanes designated for general warm-up for all participants.
o 5:15-5:35 pm: Competition pool reserved for finals competitors only.
o 5:15-5:35 pm: Lanes 1 and 9 designated for pace; Lanes 2-3 and 7-8 designated for sprint; Lanes 4-6 and all other lanes will remain general.
• Finals session on Sunday: Warm-ups at 3:30 – 4:20 pm; competition starts at 4:30 pm.
o 3:30-3:55 pm: All lanes designated for general warm-up
o 4:00-4:20 pm: Competition pool reserved for finals competitors only.
o 3:55-4:20 pm: Lanes 1 and 9 designated for pace; Lanes 2-3 and 7-8 designated for sprint; Lanes 4-6 and all other lanes will remain general.
o 800 meter Freestyle session: Warm-ups are planned to begin 45 min prior to the start of the first scheduled heat and will close 5 min prior to the start of the first scheduled 800 meter freestyle heat.
• There will be specific lanes designated for PACE ONLY in the warm-up/cool down lanes.
• Meet Referee has the right to change lane assignments based on the needs of the swimmers.