Pacific NW Regional YMCA Championships
HOST: Boise YMCA
Location: Treasure Valley YMCA/Boise City Aquatic Center, 5959 N. Disocvery Way, Boise, ID 83713
Pool: SCY 25-yard Indoor Pool
Qualifying Meet: YES.
This meet is only open to YMCA teams and member athletes.
Northwest Region YMCA Swimming
March 2-4, 2018
West YMCA/Boise City Aquatic Center
The Boise Y Swim Team is looking forward to hosting the 2018 Northwest Region YMCA Swimming Championships at the West YMCA/Boise City Aquatic Center. We hope to see all Northwest teams in attendance this year. The following is information for Visiting Teams. Boise Y swimmers should go directly to the meet sign-up page posted under Events for their information and entry deadline.
This meet is a 2-1/2 day meet which begins with warm-ups on Friday afternoon, February 27 at 4:00 pm. The meet will begin at 5:00. The meet will be split on Saturday with 12 & U swimmers swimming in the morning. Warm-ups for the morning session will be held on Saturday at 7:30 am with the meet starting at 9:15 am. The afternoon 13 & Over session will begin one hour after the end of the morning session with warm-ups starting immediately following the end of the am session. Sunday, all swimmers will swim together in one session. Warm-ups will begin at 7:30 and the meet will begin at 9:00 am.
- All coaches and teams must be registered and have paid the yearly YMCA Registration fees in order to compete at this meet.
- Teams must have a current Certificate of Insurance in effect through the last day of the meet.
- Coaches must complete the on-line coach registration process.
- All head and assistant coaches are required to have current CPR Pro, First Aid, Coaches Safety or Lifeguard, and YMCA Principles of Competitive Swimming.
- As required by the YMCA of the USA Program Director and the National Swimming and Diving Advisory Committee, in order to officiate at the Y Regional meet, any official who is not a USA Swimming official must have completed the on-line and classroom sessions of either the YMCA Level I & II officials certification class.
- The Invitation to Officiate is posted HERE. It must be returned by February 15 in order for an official to receive a free polo shirt. The form must be returned no later than February 22 if an official wants to be considered for an assigned position.
- All swimmers must be a YMCA member in good standing and represented only his/her YMCA in competition for a period of 90 days prior to March 2, 2018.
- Please read the Meet Invitation for specific details on all of the above.
- Swimmers may only enter a total of 4 individual events per day, plus one time trial.
- Swimmers 11 & Under may enter a total of 7 individual events for the meet, plus 2 relays. Swimmers 12 & Over may enter a total of 7 individual events for the meet, plus 4 relays.
- Swimmers must have obtained qualifying times since March 3, 2017.
- Swimmers should enter with their best SCY time. SCM and LCM times are allowed but will be seeded after all SCY times. Converted times are not allowed.
- Swimmers with less than 6 qualified individual events can swim 1 bonus (non-qualified) event during the meet. This bonus event must have an entry time. Events 400 yards or longer cannot be bonus events. 11-12 year old swimmers may not enter an 11-14 event as their bonus event.
- Please read the Meet Invitation for info on seeding and distance event.
Submitting Entries & Fees:
- USA Swimming numbers for USA Swimming registered athletes need to be submitted with your entries in order for times to be sent to the SWIMS database.
- Don't forget to include the YMCA Sanctioned Meet Declaration Form with your entry fees.
- Fees are $3.50 per event; $14 per relay; and $20 per swimmer surcharge. Teams should send one check made payable to the Boise Y Swim Team by the entry deadline.
- Entries are due for Visiting Teams no later than Tuesday, February 20th!
- SPECIAL RATES AT RED LION DOWNTOWNER (208) 344-7691, EXT 0.
Please read the full meet invitation posted below for information on time trials, awards, scoring, officials shirts, apparel, lodging rates, etc.
- 2018 Y Regional Qual Times.pdf
- 2018 SCY YMCA National Qualifying Times.pdf
- Meet Events-2018 Northwest Region YMCA Champs-02Mar2018-002.zip
- 2018 NW Region YMCA Swim Champs Meet Announcement (final).pdf
- 2018 Y Regional Psych Sheet as of 02-24-18.pdf
- 2018 Y Regional Warm-Up Assignments.pdf
- 2018 YMCA Pacific Regionals YMCA Team and Swimmer Count.pdf
- Meet Results-2018 Northwest Region YMCA Champs-02Mar2018-001.zip
- Swmm7Bkup2018 SRS Y Regional Championships-10.zip
- 2018 NW Region YMCA Champs Results by Age Group.pdf
- 2018 NW Region YMCA Champs High Point-Top 3.pdf
- 2018 NW Region YMCA Champs Record Breakers.pdf
- 2018 NW Region YMCA Champs Team Scores.pdf
- Parking Map Y Regionals.pdf
- 2018 YMCA Regionals Facility Map - team area.pdf