Get your Goggles and Swimsuit on - it’s SWIM-A-THON time!!
The 2018 Swim-A-Thon will take place at Dolson Pool on March 24 & 25 (times listed below). Come dressed as your favourite EMOJII and get ready to SWIM!
The Swim-A-Thon is our club’s major fundraiser of the year – the 2018 goal is $10,000! It’s important that we strive for 100% participation from all our swimmers. This means we need all swimmers to come and swim on March 24 and 25, and support CAJ by personally fundraising for the Swim-A-Thon.
Raising money through CAJ’s annual Swim-A-Thon is essential for supporting a range of equipment and activities, including providing coaching education, purchasing new equipment, subsidizing team travel, and helping us pay our biggest expense – pool rental fees.
We are hoping to have each swimmer aim to raise a minimum of $100! To raise money for the Swim-A-Thon, we ask all swimmers to seek pledges and donations from family members, friends, neighbours. Parents – take it to work! CAJ keeps 90% of all funds raised with the remaining 10% going to Swim Canada, the governing body for swimming in Canada.
For every $50 you raise, you will receive one ticket for your chance to win one of our incredible fundraising incentive prizes. The more money you raise, the more chances you have to win prizes!! Last year we had swimmers raise up to $1000!
What to do:
- Register online today at www.ontarioswimathon.ca/caj
Click on the RED “Swimmer Registration” button on the right-hand side and create a profile. You can add a personal goal, photo (not required) and more to create your personal fundraising page!
- Share your page with family, friends, neighbours, colleagues and more to start fundraising! Every dollar counts towards our goal!
- Watch for regular updates and incentive prizes over the coming weeks to make sure you are in the running for everything!
- Come to DOLSON pool dressed as your favourite EMOJII to your Swim-A-Thon time, and get ready to SWIM and HAVE FUN! Coaches will determine the number of lengths each group will swim on Swim-A-Thon day!
Ron's Groups and Juniors: Saturday March 24, 6-8 am
All Blue and Dolson Novice: Saturday March 24, 8-9 am
Gold and Johnson Novice: Saturday March 24, 3-5 pm
Mini Jets: Sunday March 25, 12 - 1 pm
TOP 3 Fundraisers
Our TOP 3 Fundraisers will have their choice (picked in the order 1st - 3rd) of the following prizes:
1) HP Sprocket Photo Printer
2) Two Toronto Maple Leafs tickets (Saturday March 31, 7 pm)
3) Two Toronto Raptors tickets (Sunday April 8, 6 pm)
For every $50 you raise, you'll receive ONE raffle ticket for your chance to win your choice of the following prizes (valued at over $1500!)
- 3 Personal Training Sessions, donated by Crossfit ReBuild (Value $150)
- $25 Gift Certificate for East Side Mario's, donated by East Side Mario's Cambridge Centre (X2)
- 2 TFC tickets (Friday March 30, 7 pm)
- Group Climbing Package for 6 people, donated by Core Climbing (Value $70)
- 2 Movie Passes & 1 Free Large 3-Topping Pizza, Donated by Galaxy Cinemas Guelph & Domino's Pizza
- CAJ Towel (X2)
- $50 Gift Certificate for Source for Sports (can be used towards CAJ gear or other sporting equipment in store), donated by Source for Sports (X2)
- 2 Passes for Bingemans Big Splash, donated by Bingemans (Value $40)
- Speedo Swim Backpack, donated by Team Aquatics (Value $70)
- Speedo Sweatshirt, Towel/Bag and CAJ Team Shirt, donated by Team Aquatics & CAJ (Value $70)
- $50 Gift Card for Sport Chek, donated by Sport Chek (X2)
- 10 2-hr Wing Chun Kung Fu lessons, donated by Robert Gould (Value $100)
- 3 Large 3-topping Pizzas, donated by Domino's Pizza (Value $45)
- Bath & Body Works Gift Package, donated by Bath & Body Works Cambridge Centre (Value $50)
- $25 Gift Card for Cambridge Centre, donated by Cambridge Centre (X2)
- Two Movie Passes & 1 Large 3-topping Pizza, donated by Galaxy Cinemas Cambridge Centre & Domino's Pizza (Value $35) (X2)
- Olymipian Swimmer Ryan Cochrane autographed Speedo backpack package (Value $100)
- CAJ Sweatshirt (Value $50)
- $25 Gift Certificate for Country Girl restaurant, donated by Country Girl
- $30 Tim Horton's Gift Card, donated by Tim Horton's Pinebush & Franklin
- Teen Fiction Hardcover Book Package, donated by Harlequin/Harper Collins
- $25 Indigo Gift Card (X2), donated by Deb Neil
- Gift Basket, donated by Pure Source (Value $50)
- Body Shop Gift Box (X2) (Value $20)
- International Swimming Hall of Fame Bag & Swim Cap (Value $20)
And more! Prizes continue to come in and will be collected until Swim-A-Thon day!
Weekly Incentive Prizes
Each week (March 5-11, March 12-18 and March 19 - 24) we have a incentive prize for the swimmer who raises the most $$ during that week! Keep those pledges coming. Winners will be announced on the Tuesday of the following week! Prize includes:
- $5 Gift Certificate for Book Express (Cambridge Centre)
- 1 Large 3-topping Pizza from Domino's Pizza
- $20 Gift Card for William's Fresh Cafe
- Bath & Body Works coupon
- CAJ Cap
- 1 BONUS ticket for the raffle prizes
Questions? Email Colleen Murdoch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for your support in helping us get to our goal of $10,000!