Blue Ridge Region/SW District 9-12 and 13 & Over Champs
The Blue Ridge Region/SW District 9-12 District and 13 & Over champs swim meet is available for sign ups and is open to 9 & over swimmers only. The meet will be held February 23-25, 2018 at the Christiansburg Aquatic Center, 595 N. Franklin Street Christiansburg, VA 24073 (540) 381-7665. The deadline for signups is midnight, Tuesday, February 6, 2018.
This is a three-day (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) prelims/finals meet, as follows:
- All 13 & Older swimmers will swim a combined preliminary session in the morning session.
- Top 16 13-14 swimmers and the top 16 15&O swimmers will swim the final session each day.
- 11-12 year old swimmers will swim a preliminary session in the morning, with the exception of the 500 free and the 400 IM which will be contested in the morning session as timed finals.
- The top 16 11-12 swimmers will swim in finals each day, except in the 200 butterfly, 200 backstroke, and 200 breaststroke where only the top 8 swimmers will compete in finals.
- Only the top heat of the 1000 will swim in finals, regardless of age.
- Finals will be swum with the consolation heat competing first, followed by the final heat.
- 9-10 year old swimmers will swim a preliminary session in the morning with the exception of the 500 free which will be contested in the morning session as timed finals.
- The top 8 (eight) 9-10 year old swimmers will swim in finals each day.
- All relay events will be timed finals and will be conducted during the preliminary sessions
Warm ups for prelim sessions will begin no earlier than 6:30am each day; competition starts at 8:30am each day. Warm ups for finals sessions will begin no earlier than 4pm on Friday and Saturday, with competition starting no earlier than 5:30pm. On Sunday, finals warm ups will begin no earlier than 3:30pm on Sunday with competition starting no earlier than 5:00pm.
Swimmers may enter a maximum of 3 individual events per day, and a total of 8 individual events over the course of the meet.
Note: You may only enter events in which the swimmer DOES NOT have an “Age Group” time cut (for 9-13 yo swimmers) or a “Sr. Champs” time cut (for 14 & over swimmers). Please contact Coach Kelsey if you think this applies to you.
13 & over swimmers wishing to compete in the 400 IM, 500 Free, or 1000 Free must have at least a “B” time to qualify AND must be slower than the “Age Group/Sr. Champ” time cut. Swimmers entered in the 500 Free and/or 1000 Free must provide their own timer and lap counter.
This meet is included in your swim dues.
Note: for those swimmers competing at Age Groups or Sr. Champs, only one championship meet is included with your dues. Please contact Ann Wood or Tara Hines to discuss.
All parents will be expected to time during the meet - a schedule will be sent a day or so prior to the meet, so please be sure to check your email for the timing schedule. Heat sheets will be available for purchase throughout the meet. Concessions will be available at the facility. No glass containers are allowed in the pool complex.
To sign up for this meet:
- Log into your account at www.swimbass.com.
- At the bottom of the Home page, locate the tab labeled “Swim Meet”.
- Click the “Edit Commitment button to the left of the “Blue Ridge Region/SW District 9-12 and 13 & Over Champs” meet title.
- For EACH swimmer you are registering for this meet:
- Click their name under the “Click on Member Name to declare for this Event” section.
- In the Declaration drop down, select “Yes, please sign
up for this event.”
- Meet information will appear.
- Scroll down until you see the meet events for each Day and Session of the meet. Only the events in which your swimmer may enter will appear.
- Check the box for each event in which you want to enter your swimmer. NOTE: Your swimmer may enter UP TO 3 events per day/session with a total of NO MORE than 8 events for the meet. Your swimmer can swim in FEWER than 3 events per day/session, but they cannot swim in MORE THAN 3 events per day/session. The total number of individual events for the entire meet is limited to 8. When you click the check box, the entry time will highlight.
- When your swimmer has selected the events in which they want to swim, click the Save Changes button at the bottom right of the form. You will return to the meet registration page. Your swimmer will be “Committed” and you will see the events entered.
- You may change your entries prior to the entry date. Follow steps a-f.
- If you have multiple swimmers, perform steps a-f for EACH swimmer attending the meet.
- If your swimmer is NOT attending the meet:
- Click their name under the “Click on Member Name to declare for this event” section.
- In the Declaration drop down, select “No, thanks,
will NOT attend this event.”
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the form. You will return to the meet registration page. Your swimmer will be “Declined”.
As always, please contact a BASS board member with questions regarding meet registration.