YSF Barracudas Swim-A-Lot
(this is a team hosted event)
- 1,800 more kids had a safe place to go after school to learn, grow, and thrive
- 3,000 more children learn drowning prevention and water safety skills
- 5,000 more families had the guidance and tools to lead healthier, more balanced lives together
This year, proceeds from out Swim-a-Lot will be applied towards this year’s Scoreboard payback of $5000.
Here’s a challenge for every swimmer on the YSF Barracudas swim team! Swim a lot and make a difference! Get in better shape, help others, and earn prizes!
How does the Swim-a-Lot help with Annual Support Campaign?
- Swim team members attain sponsors for the number of lengths they can swim in a given amount of time. The maximum number of lengths will be 80 (2000 yards).
- Swimmers 10 & younger will have up to 2 practices or 120 minutes to accomplish this. Swimmers 11 & older will have one practice (45 minutes) to complete the 80 lengths.
- All swimmers will receive a sponsor sheet to collect pledges. Pledges can be for a specific dollar amount paid in advance by sponsors, or can be a dollar amount per length swam to be collected from the sponsor later after the amount of legs is known. Pledges should be collected by swimmers and turned in no later than collection date detailed below.
- Checks should be made payable to YMCA. All donations are tax deductible.
- The dates to remember for
the Swim-a-Lot are:
- Swim-a-Lot dates are Tuesday, April 10th & Wednesday, April 11th.
- Make-up day is Thursday, April 12th.
- Pledges collection due
date is Saturday, April 14th.
Prizes will be given out during practice this date, totaling the collected pledges up to this date. Any new collections after this date will not apply for prizes selections.
PARENTS: We need volunteers to count the laps. Please click on "Job Sign up", and choose the date and time period. Please put the location you will be counting in the "Contact Info" field.