Time Trials 2018
(this is a team hosted event)
All families must sign-up their swimmers for time trials and pick the strokes they would like to swim. This in done online on our team website. For time trials only, you must choose which strokes online in order to participate.
This must be done by Wednesday, May 16th.
Remember, time trials really a great low-pressure opportunity to set a baseline for each swimmer to gauge their improvement as we move forward. For our team, all of our swimmers and families, it is a practice meet to familiarize everyone with the swim meet routine.
What should my swimmer swim?
- All swimmers must swim freestyle and backstroke.
- We recommend all returning swimmers sign up for the breast and fly as well. New swimmers are also encourage to try new strokes.
- IM – we may swim the IM at the end of time trials
(depends on the length of meet).
- IMer’s really need to be legal in all four strokes and coming to workout on a regular basis to sign up.
Coaches Note: In the best interest of the swimmers, we have final decision over all events (we could add swimmers to events or drop events where we feel swimmers are not quite ready).
How to sign up on Team Unify (See the attached cheat sheet below):
- Similar to meet sign ups in the past except you will actually pick each swimmers strokes.
- Log in to Team Unify
- Find Time Trials Meet under the Swim Meets Tab
- Click on Attend/Decline Button
- Click on Your Swimmer's Name
- Under the Declaration Drop Down – Select Yes, please sign
(swimmers name) up.
- If yes – a drop down box will open with your swimmers name and the events offered at time trials.
- Check the box next to each event that you would like your swimmer to participate (do not worry about times, just select events you would like to swim).
- Be sure to select the SAVE CHANGES button in the bottom right corner.
- Repeat the above steps for each of your swimmers.
Coaches will review all entries and finalize based on each swimmers experience and ability to swim the stroke.
Warm-ups: 9:30 AM - 10:00 AM
Parents Meeting: 10:00 AM
Start Time: 10:30 AM