GGST Short Course Race to JOs
Online Entries: https://ome.swimconnection.com/meets/2345
Location: Morgan Hill Aquatics Center, 16200 Condit Road, Morgan Hill CA 95037
Course: Outdoor pool with up to 16 lanes available for competition. An additional 4 lanes will be available for warm-up/cool down throughout the competition. The minimum water depth for the shallow end course, measured in accordance with Article 103.2.3, is 7’ 0” at the start end and 13’ 0” at the turn end. In accordance with Article 104.2.2C(4) the competition course has been certified. A copy of the certification is on file with USA Swimming.
Time: Meet will begin at 9:00AM each day with warm-ups from 7:30 to 8:45 AM each day. A special warm-up time for 8 and under athletes only will be held from 8:00 to 8:45 AM. Friday distance events will begin at 5:00 PM with warm-ups from 3:30 to 4:45.
- Current USA and Pacific Swimming rules and warm-up procedures will govern the meet. A copy of these procedures will be posted at the Clerk-of-Course.
- All events are timed finals.
- All events will swim fast to slow.
- Athletes may compete in THREE (3) events per day on Saturday and Sunday.
- Athletes may compete in ONE (1) event on Friday
- Entries will be accepted until the number of splashes exceeds the estimated time line, per the “Four-Hour Rule,” based on the athletes’ age and gender.
- All athletes ages 12 and under should complete competition within four (4) hours.
- If local conditions warrant it the Meet Referee, with the concurrence of the Meet Director, may require a mandatory scratch down to three (3) events. Immediate cash refunds will be given ONLY for any mandatory scratches.
- All coaches and deck officials must wear their USA Swimming membership cards in a visible manner.
- Athletes entering the 500 Freestyle, 1650 Freestyle or 400 IM on Friday must have achieved the minimum USA-S Motivational “BB” time standard for their gender and must provide their own timers. Athletes entering the 500 Freestyle or 1650 Freestyle must provide their own lap counters.
- Athletes must be current members of USA-S and enter their name and registration number on the meet entry card as they are shown on their Registration Card. If this is not done, it may be difficult to match the athlete with the registration and times database. The meet host will check all athlete registrations against the SWIMS database and if not found to be registered, the Meet Director shall accept the registration at the meet (a $10 surcharge will be added to the regular registration fee). Duplicate registrations will be refunded by mail.
- Athletes in the “A” Division must have met at least USA Swimming Motivational “A” minimum time standard. Athletes in the “B” Division must have met at least the listed “B” minimum time standard. All entry times slower than the listed “B” time standard will be in the “C” Division.
- Entries with "NO TIME" will be ACCEPTED (Exception: 500 & 1650 Freestyle and 400 IM, see Rules).
- Entry times submitted for this meet may be checked against a computer database and may be changed in accordance with Pacific Swimming Entry Time Verification Procedures.
- Disabled athletes are welcome to attend this meet and should contact the Meet Director or Meet Referee regarding any special accommodations on entry times and seeding per Pacific Swimming policy.
- Athletes 19 years of age and over may compete in the meet for time only, no awards. Such athletes must have met standards for the 17-18 age group.
- The athlete’s age will be the age of the athlete on the first day of the meet.