PVS Senior Champs
Univeristy of Maryland
Eppley Rec Center
College Park, MD, 20740
Meet Directors' Notes
Seeding/Scratch Procedures for Prelims – The Meet will be conducted in accordance with USA Swimming Rule 207.11.6. Swimmers will be seeded into Prelims unless a Scratch Card is submitted.
- In the
event that a swimmer is seeded into Prelims and does not wish to
compete, the swimmer may
elect to Declare a False Start (DFS) at any time prior to the
swimmer’s heat. If a
swimmer knows he/she will not swim the next day, please have them
scratch prior to the deadline to avoid a large number of empty
lanes caused by DFS.
- If prior to the start of the Session, the swimmer should notify the Administrative Table. - -After the Session has commenced, the swimmer can notify the Start Area Chief Judge. Coaches may submit a DFS for their swimmer(s).
- If a swimmer is seeded into an Event and is a ‘No-Show’ for Prelims, then that swimmer will be barred from further individual and relay events of that day. Additionally that swimmer shall not be seeded in any individual events on succeeding days unless that swimmer reports to the admin table and declares an intent to swim prior to the close of the scratch box for that day’s events.
Seeding/Scratch Procedures for Finals - If a swimmer does not wish to swim in the Final, the swimmer must “scratch” from the event by following this procedure: The swimmer must fill out and sign a Finals Scratch Slip within 30 minutes of the announcement of qualifiers for “A” or “B” or “C” finals, if scheduled; or A swimmer may declare an “intent to scratch”.
- If the swimmer declares an “intent to scratch” and does not wish to swim finals, the swimmer must confirm his/her scratch on the PVS Finals Scratch Slip within 30 minutes after the conclusion of the swimmer’s last preliminary event of the day. If the swimmer does not confirm his/her intent to scratch, the swimmer will be automatically seeded into the Final.
- Any swimmer qualifying for a final race in an individual event who fails to compete in said final shall be barred from further competition for the remainder of the meet, except if the swimmer declares as noted above.
Positive Check-In – The 1000/1650 Freestyle as well as the 400 Freestyle Relay, 400 Medley Relay, and 800 Freestyle Relay are Positive Check-In Events. In order to be Seeded, Swimmers/Relays must be ‘Circled-In’ on the appropriate sheets at the Resolution Desk.
Check-In Deadlines are as follows:
1650/Men’s 1000 (Thursday
Events)- 5:00 PM Thursday 800 Free Relays (Friday Event) - 6:10 PM
400 Medley Relays (Saturday Event) - 6:00 PM Friday
400 Freestyle Relays (Sunday Events) – 6:00 PM Saturday Women’s 1000/Men’s 1650 (Sunday Events)- 6:30 PM Saturday
All 200 Yard Relays will be swum in Prelims and all 400 Yard Relays will be swum in Finals.
Teams competing in the 800 Freestyle Relay may elect to swim in Prelims or Finals. Please indicate your preference for ‘AM’ or ‘PM’ when circling-in your 800 Free Relay(s).
Flights for 400 IM and 500 Free – Per the Meet Announcement, if we have 7 or more Heats in these Events, Prelims are to be ‘Flighted’, swimming the 4 fastest Women’s Heats, then the 4 fastest Men’s Heats. The remaining Heats would be swum after the relays, alternating Women’s and Men’s Heats.
- Pre-Scratch we have 6 heats women, 5 heats men in the 400 IM
- 5 Heats in the Women’s 500 Free, and 7 Heats in the Men’s 500 Freestyle (only the Men’s 500 free would be flighted without any scratches)
Time Trials Sign-Up – Time Trials will follow Thursday Evening’s Timed Finals Session and each of the Preliminary Sessions. Time Trials Sign-Up will be held at the Senior Champs Scratch Table and will be open from 5:15 pm - 6:15 pm on Thursday and from 9:00 am – 10:30 am during Prelims.
All SNOW athletes that have appropriate qualifying times are eligible to compete
Qualifying Time Standards