Blue Ridge Region/SW District 9-12 and 13 & Over Champs
The Blue Ridge Region/SW District 9-12 District and 13 & Over champs swim meet is available for sign ups and is open to 9 & over swimmers only. The meet will be held February 23-25, 2018 at the Christiansburg Aquatic Center, 595 N. Franklin Street Christiansburg, VA 24073 (540) 381-7665. Thedeadline for signups is midnight, Friday, February 9, 2018.
This is a three-day (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) prelims/finals meet, as follows:
- All 13 & Older swimmers will swim a combined preliminary
session in the morning session.
- Top 16 13-14 swimmers and the top 16 15&O swimmers will swim the final session each day.
- 11-12 year old swimmers will swim a preliminary session in the
morning, with the exception of the 500 free and the 400 IM which
will be contested in the morning session as timed finals.
- The top 16 11-12 swimmers will swim in finals each day, except in the 200 butterfly, 200 backstroke, and 200 breaststroke where only the top 8 swimmers will compete in finals.
- Only the top heat of the 1000 will swim in finals, regardless of age.
- Finals will be swum with the consolation heat competing first, followed by the final heat.
- 9-10 year old swimmers will swim a preliminary session in the
morning with the exception of the 500 free which will be contested
in the morning session as timed finals.
- The top 8 (eight) 9-10 year old swimmers will swim in finals each day.
- All relay events will be timed finals and will be conducted during the preliminary sessions
Warm ups for prelim sessions will begin no earlier than 6:30am each day; competition starts at 8:30am each day. Warm ups for finals sessions will begin no earlier than 4pm on Friday and Saturday, with competition starting no earlier than 5:30pm. On Sunday, finals warm ups will begin no earlier than 3:30pm on Sunday with competition starting no earlier than 5:00pm.
Swimmers may enter a maximum of 3 individual events per day, and a total of 8 individual events over the course of the meet.
Note: You may only enter events in which the swimmer DOES NOT have an “Age Group” time cut (for 9-13 yo swimmers) or a “Sr. Champs” time cut (for 14 & over swimmers). Please contact Coach Kelsey if you think this applies to you.
13 & over swimmers wishing to compete in the 400 IM, 500 Free, or 1000 Free must have at least a “B” time to qualify AND must be slower than the “Age Group/Sr. Champ” time cut. Swimmers entered in the 500 Free and/or 1000 Free must provide their own timer and lap counter.