American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification
April 9 -13, 2018
Time: Class runs 9:00am - 5:00pm each day.
Location: QuickSilver Swimming --- Gunderson High School Pool, 622 Gaundabert Lane, San Jose. Class will meet in the back team room (near pump room) for the classroom session. Pool and team shed is located at the back of the campus.
Bring: Participants need to be prepared with a swimsuit to get in the water each day. Please bring a towel to dry-off and change after swim portions. Pack a lunch and sunscreen.
Cost: $265 - Red Cross materials included
- Minimum age is 15 years
- Swim 300 yards continuously
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards.
- Surface dive to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
- Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point.
- Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
Learn how to effectively prevent and respond to water emergencies with the American Red Cross lifeguard training. Our courses are designed to arm you with the skills and knowledge to prepare you for a variety of scenarios in and around the water. With our lifeguard training, you will learn how quick response times and effective preparation are vital to being a lifeguard while also understanding the crucial elements in helping to prevent drownings and injuries.
Provides entry-level participants the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until EMS personnel take over.
Class will include Lifeguarding, first aid and CPR certifications.