2018 Beat the Heat Classic
Please advise your families coming up for the meet this weekend that parking is going to be a challenge. There are two high school graduations taking place on our campus tomorrow and traffic will be busy and you may not be able to drive where you want to drive, based on traffic control. The San Francisco st garage will be open, but mostly being used for graduation traffic. The lot by the soccer stadium across from the pool is for employees that usually use the garage on Friday. And that lot is scheduled for re-striping on Saturday. In addition, the city of Flagstaff started charging for parking in October, so a lot of the street parking in the neighborhood to the north of the pool is paid parking, some of it is not, you just have to pay attention to the street signs.
So, hopefully no one gets ticketed, but just know, parking is going to be a challenge.
This meet is held in Flagstaff, AZ.
- All PSC swimmers are eligible to attend this meet. Last year we had 40 swimmers attend this meet.
- Held at NAU Wall Aquatic Center, 705 S. San Francisco St., Flagstaff, AZ 86011
- 5 session, timed final long course meters swim meet
- 1 session on Friday for 11 & Over swimmers (warm up 2 p.m./start 3 p.m.)
- 2 sessions on Saturday (morning session for 12 & unders with 8:30 a.m. warm up/ 9:15 a.m. start) (afternoon session for 13 & overs with 12 noon warm up/ 12:45 p.m start)
- 2 sessions on Sunday (morning session for 12 & unders with 8:30 a.m. warm up/ 9:15 a.m. start) (afternoon session for 13 & overs with 12 noon warm up/ 12:45 p.m start)
- There will be a team dinner on one of the nights.
- Swimmers travel and stay with their families. We have listed a team hotel below. There is not a room block but there is a $211 per night plus tax rate currently. I will let you know if the host team secures a block of rooms for visiting teams.
- Each swimmer will pay a portion of the coaches' expenses.
Holiday Inn Express Flagstaff
2320 East Lucky Lane
Flagstaff, AZ 86004
IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND THIS MEET, WE NEED TO KNOW NO LATER THAN WEDNESDAY, MAY 16TH.