Hello AMAC Families! It's that time of year again!
Our 2018 Swimathon will be taking place on Saturday, April 21, from 8-10 AM, and is open to all AMAC swimmers (Mini Marlins and Stroke and Sport are encouraged to attend!). The Swimathon is an important fundraiser for the club that helps offset the subsidy for away meet costs, which benefits all competitive swimmers.
The goal of the Swimathon is to swim 200 lengths (5 KM) as fast as possible, or to swim as many lengths as possible in two hours. Last year's Swimathon results can be checked out here; we're excited to see some great improvements this year!
Last year we introduced some exciting prizes for fundraising, as well as for participation in the Swimathon. We'll be offering the same prizes this year, which are detailed below, as well as a new GRAND PRIZE DRAW!
- Top Group (out of JAG, TAG, Youth, JR/SR, determined per capita): pizza party
- Top Individual Per Group: awesome limited-edition AMAC gear
- Top Family: $100 giftcard to the Cheesecake Cafe
- Fastest boy and fastest girl from each group (JAG, TAG, Youth, JR/SR) : Team Aquatics gift card
- Most improved/most impressive boy and girl from each group (JAG, TAG, Youth, JR/SR): Team Aquatics gift card
TOP FUNDRAISING PRIZE:
The coaches are challenging the kids to raise a total of $8000 this year, and if this goal is reached, the coaches will participate in the Swimathon with the kids. The coaches just barely avoided having to swim 5K last year, much to their relief, but we're starting up our training again in preparation for this year! This goal must be achieved before the Swimathon begins at 8 AM on April 21st.
GRAND PRIZE DRAW:
Finally, we are excited to introduce a new grand prize this year: a $300 credit towards next season's fees! The details of the grand prize draw are as follows:
- One entry into the draw is earned for every $50 raised beyond $100 ($150 raised means one entry, $300 raised means 4 entries, $500 raised means 8 entries, etc.)
- Entries into the draw are per family, not per swimmer (ex. a family with three swimmers that raises $150 total gets one entry into the draw, a family with three swimmers that raises $150 per swimmer, or $450 total, gets 7 entries into the draw)
- The $300 credit will be applied against membership fees (not fundraising or meet fees)
- The $300 credit must be used next season (2018/2019)
As our fundraising deadline this year is April 22, we'll draw for the grand prize on Monday, April 23, on deck at 6 PM.
Our fundraising website can be found at http://albertaswimathon.ca/amac. We're only six weeks away from the big event, so be sure to register your family and start fundraising. Thank you for supporting the club!