2018 SC Senior Championships
2018 Short Course Senior Championship
March 1-4th, 2018
Location: Collegiate School Aquatic Center 5050 Ridgedale Parkway, Richmond, VA, 23234
Phone: (804) 271-8271
This meet is open to all Virginia Swimming athletes registered before the first day of the competition that meet the qualifying time in each event entered.
This is a 757swim Championship Meet
Age on March 1st determines age for the entire meet.
- Individual events EXCEPT the 1000 Yard Freestyle and the 1650 Yard Freestyle will be swum as trials and finals.
- The 1650 Y Freestyle will be swum fastest to slowest as a timed final event, alternating women and men.
- The 1000 Y Freestyle will be swum slowest to fastest as a timed final event, alternating women and men. The event seeding will be distributed following the close of the positive check-in.
- The 400 IM and the 500 Freestyle will be swum as trials and finals.
- The top 32 qualifiers in the trials of each individual event will compete in each day’s final session
- Relay events: All relay events will be timed finals and be swum fastest to slowest. The fastest 2 heats of the 400 Y Freestyle Relay, the 800 Y Freestyle Relay, and the 400 Y Medley Relay will be swum during the finals session with any other heats swum during the trials session.
- Thursday afternoon/evening session: Warm-ups at 12:30pm-1:50 pm; competition starts at 2:00 pm. The competition pool will be reserved for swimmers entered in the 1650 Y Freestyle from 1:00 -1:50 pm.
- Friday, Saturday, and Sunday Trials sessions: Warm-ups 6:30am-8:20am; Friday competition starts 8:40am & Sunday competition starts at 8:30am.
- Finals session on (Friday): Warm-ups 4:30pm-5:35pm; competition starts at 5:45pm.
- Finals session on (Saturday): Warm-ups 4:15pm-5:20pm; competition starts at 5:45pm.
- Finals session (Sunday): Warm-ups at 3:30pm-4:20pm; competition starts at 4:30pm.
- Individual Events: Athletes may only compete in Six (6) individual events for the meet, and no more than Three (3) individual events per day.
- Bonus Events: Maximum of one (1) bonus event. Swimmers entered in an individual event will be permitted to enter a bonus event in which they have achieved the bonus qualifying standard.
* *Bonus swims for the 400 Individual Medley, 500 Freestyle, 1000 Freestyle, and the 1650 Freestyle are not available, with the exception that swimmers who have the qualifying time in the 1000 Freestyle or the 1650 Freestyle may swim both events.
· Individual events: $8.50
· Relay Events: $16.00
· Swimmer fee: $2.50 (entered in the meet in any capacity)
Entry deadline is Friday February 23rd