Training Trip/Travel Meet
Please read ALL details below and if committed to joining the already attending group, email coach John to be added to the list. We have 3 spots available still. The first to contact coach John by Friday April 26th will be added to the trip.
Who: Open to Swimmers 11
Years and Older as of June 1, 2018.
-Why June 1? The meet we will be competing in determines a swimmer's age as of June 1, not the first day of the meet.
When: Departure on Delta out of Dallas Fort Worth Tuesday June 5th at 10:35am flying direct to Cincinnati (CVG). We will fly home direct on Delta Monday June 11th at 4:45pm, arriving at Dallas Fort Worth at 6:29pm.
Flight Details: We have temporarily reserved 15 tickets (through Delta) for coaches, chaperones, and swimmers at $239.11 per ticket, including taxes.
- We will be traveling to Cincinnati, OH. We
will spend a few days training with the Powel
Crosley, Jr. YMCA Tigersharks . PCY trains in a 10 lane
50m outdoor pool.
- We will work in some social activities as the schedule permits: perhaps go to a Cincinnati Reds baseball game one night and/or Kings Island Amusement Park one afternoon.
- Friday we will travel North to Miami University in Oxford, OH to compete in the Summer Classic, a great timed final meet jointly hosted by PCY and the Blue Ash YMCA. The meet is a competitive YMCA only meet of over 500 swimmers.
Lodging: PCY families will 'host' our swimmers Tuesday through Thursday evening. RRAC Swimmers will be kept in groups of 2 or more with each host family. Friday through Sunday the team will travel to Oxford for the meet and stay in a hotel. Swimmers will grouped 3-4 per room as numbers allow.
Supervision: The trip will be swimmers, coaches, and chaperones. The number of coaches/chaperones will be determined based on the number of attending swimmers.
Cost: Below costs in red are ESTIMATES are based on current committed swimmers.
- Flight Cost: $239.11 per swimmer (including taxes), confirmed.
- Hotel Cost: $141 per swimmer (3-4 to a room at $156 per
night per room based on current numbers, including tax 3
- Rooms will be split by gender.
- Meet Entry Fees: $56 = 8 Individual Events + 2 Relays
- Red's Game: $20 (Great American
Kings Island Amusement Park: $45 (click for website)
- Food: $130 (I believe this will still come down
as details for the trip are worked out.)
- Hotel for the weekend has breakfast included.
- Some meals will be organized group meals while others will be paid by the swimmers at that time.
- Total: $632 per swimmer
More firm details will be worked out over the next few weeks and communicated to everyone as soon as we have them.