2018 Eastern Zone Southern Region Sectional Meet
This swim meet is open to all DC Wave registered swimmers who have met the qualifying times listed in the meet announcement. Swimmers will compete at the age they are on March 22, 2018.
Christiansburg Aquatic Center
595 North Franklin Street,
- Thursday, March 22
- General Warm-up: 9:30 AM-3:00 PM
- Distance Warm-up: 3:20 PM-4:20 PM
- Distance Events Start: 4:30 PM
- Friday, March 23-Sunday,
- Prelim Warm-up: 6:30 AM-8:50 AM
- Prelims Start: 9:00 AM
- Finals Warm-up: 5:00 PM-5:50 PM
- Finals Start: 6:00 PM
- To see whether or not your child
has qualified, please refer to the eligibility report: Eligibility
Report.**Please note that
relays are not included on this
- An updated eligibility report will be posted after the Last Chance Dual Meet.
- For a list of qualifying times, events offered, and the order the meet will be swum in, please refer to the Meet Announcement below.
- If you would like to officiate this swim meet, please submit an application here.
- There will be no deck entries allowed.
- All Thursday Events, and all Sunday Distance Events need to supply their own timers.
- Relays are timed-final events. The fastest 2 heats will swim with finals during the evening sessions.
- Bonus Swims: Swimmers making 1 qualifying time will be permitted to enter one bonus event. Swimmers making 2 qualifying times will be permitted to enter 2 bonus events. Swimmers making 3 qualifying times will be permitted to enter 1 bonus event. Swimmers making 4 or more qualifying times are not permitted to benter bonus events.
- Scratch & Positive Check-in
- Thursday 3:00 PM: Thursday Distance Events (W 1,000 FR and M 1,650 FR)
- Thursday 5:00 PM: All Friday events (including positive check-in for the 800 FR Relay)
- Friday 6:30 PM: All Saturday Events (including positive check-in for the 200 Medley Relay, and the 400 FR Relay)
- Saturday 6:30 PM: All Sunday Events (including W 1,650 FR and the M 1,000 FR, and positive check-in for the 200 FR Relay, and the 400 Medley Relay)
- This is a travel meet. Travel meet rules and guidelines will apply for all swimmers.