West Coast Age Group Open Meet
(this is a team hosted event)
WEST PC- Short Course Age Group Open Meet
Online Entries: https://ome.swimconnection.com/meets/2369
Meet Sheet: Meet Sheet
LOCATION: Frank Fiscalini Swim Center at Independence High School, 627 North Jackson Avenue, San Jose, CA 95133
DIRECTIONS: From Interstate-680, exit McKee Road and head west, away from foothills. Turn right at the first light, which is Jackson Avenue, turn left into the parking lot at the second traffic light, which is just after the football stadium. From Highway-101, exit McKee Road and head east toward the foothills. Go down McKee to the 7th traffic light, which will be Jackson Avenue. Turn on Jackson Avenue and at second light turn left into the parking lot.
COURSE: 25 yard by 50 meter outdoor, heated pool with up to 15 lanes available for competition. A separate 25 yard, 7 lane diving well will be available for warm-up/cool down throughout the competition. The minimum water depth for the shallow end course, measured in accordance with Article 103.2.3, is 4’5” at the start end and 7’ at the turn end. In accordance with Article 104.2.2C(4) the competition course has been certified. A copy of the certification is on file with USA Swimming.
TIME: Meet will begin at 9:00 AM each day with warm-ups from 7:30 to 8:45 AM each day.
- Current USA and Pacific Swimming rules and warm-up procedures will govern the meet. A copy of these procedures will be posted at the Clerk-of-Course.
- All events are timed finals.
- Athletes may compete in MAXIMUM 4 events per day.
- All athletes ages 12 and under should complete competition within four (4) hours.
- Age groups will be awarded separately as 8 under, 9/10, 11/12, 13/14, 15/16, and 17/18 however events will be swum as 8 and under, 11 and over, 12 and under, or Open.
- The meet will be LIMITED to the first 800 Athletes or 2000 splashes each day, or when the meet estimated time line exceeds the Four-Hour Rule per Age Group and Gender.
- All 8 & UN 25 events will start from the turn side of the pool.
- If conditions warrant, the Meet Referee with concurrence of the Meet Director, may require a mandatory scratch down to three (3) events. Immediate refunds will be given ONLY for any mandatory scratch downs.
- All events will be seeded fastest to slowest. The 500 Free and 400 IM will alternate girls and boys by heat.
- Athletes in the 500 Free and the 400 IM are required to provide their own timers, as well as lap counters.
- All coaches and deck officials must wear their USA Swimming membership cards in a visible manner.