Swim Challenge Fundraiser (All Groups)
This is the biggest fundraiser of the year for the Durango Swim Club. Our goal is to raise $8,000. It is the expectation that each athlete on the team raises $100. Last year the team raised $7,500 with 76 kids on the team. This year we are at 86 kids.
We do a relay of 4 for each group. Coaches assign teams the week before. We do not ask the kids to do anything that we don't think they can already accomplish. I like to do a combination of distance, because it's emporing to be able to do something you've never done before, and the relay because it builds comradarie and esprit de corps.
Last year this was a huge success. Kids were able to swim distances that they never thought possible. We saw a lot of cheering and excitment from the kids. Don't miss out on this great opportunity for team building!
Below is more information:
- Donations are tax deductible.
- Bring snacks.
- Swimmers are not swimming for 12/6/3 hours straight but taking turns with their teammates. We wouldn’t do this challenge if we didn’t think the kids could accomplish it.
- Swimmers are encouraged to stay and cheer their teammates on, however, if you have a long break between swims you can leave but must return for when you’re supposed to swim next.
- Parents and community members are encouraged to come watch/cheer on the swimmers.
- Silver/Bronze/Copper groups parents we are going off the honor system on counting laps, but because the kids are so young they often miscount. We ask that you stay while your kid/s are swimming to tally their laps.
- Lastly, be positive, be encouraging, and get your kids excited to accomplish something they’ve never done before!
- Times for each group
- Platinum/Gold: 6:00AM-6:00PM
- Silver: 12:00-6PM
- Bronze/Copper: 3:00PM-6:00PM
- Pizza/team cheer: 6:00PM