Host Team Meet Landing Page
Latest update from host 5/18
- Timelines and Psych sheets are posted on our website www.swimbdsc.org
- We will be doing positive check-in for all sessions. Coaches need to pick up their packet from the announcers table and highlight all of the swimmers that will be swimming at the meet and write scratch next to the ones that won’t. We need to have those sheets back to the table 20 min. after the start of the first warm-up session for each session.
- We may have to run the Saturday and Sunday PM Sessions as straight races instead of Chase starts due to a shortage on starters and refs. If we get another starter and ref we will run the chase starts, if not we will run regular starts and will more than likely have to cut relays. We will let everyone know this at the start of the sessions. If we run regular starts, we will start all events 100 and longer from the lakeside and all 50’s will still be from the water park side.
- We will reimburse teams $5 per (full) session for every parent that times at the meet (if parents decide to split the session then it will still be $5). We will have a sign-in sheet for them to sign their name and team they are with. At the end of the meet I will send out a copy of the check in sheet and a check for reimbursement to the teams that helped time. It will be on a first come first serve basis. Teams will be responsible for distribution to each person (unless they want to keep it themselves, which I will leave that in your hands)
Hello Again Everyone,
We are a couple of days away from the start of May Mania 2018 and we are looking forward to an awesome meet.
Attached to this email is the warm-up assignments for the meet. I think I have everyone for each session. If I am missing you, please let me know right away.
- I tried to make the lane assignments as equitable as possible. The Warm-ups are going to be packed, so please work together with the other teams in your lanes in order to make sure that everyone gets a good warm-up. You may need to be a little creative in your send off times. I divided all warm-up times into 2 times (Saturday PM is broken into 3 times) 25 minutes each which will leave a little extra time if someone needs a little more time at the end of the warm-up session.
- The Saturday PM session had way to many swimmers to try and get them all in so I had to break it into 3 times and we will start 15 min. later than expected.
- There will not be any relays on Sunday morning for sure. Saturday morning looks like we can get them in as of now, but we will make the final decision the morning of.
- We will start the afternoon session warm-ups at 1:15pm each day. Saturday start time will be 2:30pm and Sunday Start time will be 2:15pm. Both days the timeline is right at 4 hours, but will probably be a little longer based on Chase starts and non chase starts for 50’s.
- Even if you are in the second warm-up time, please try to have your swimmers there early so that they can check in and we can do any scratches.
We are in need of some help for timing for all sessions. I will send out assignments tomorrow. If you need to send something out to families to get things going, I will try to spread things out so that all of the teams that have 15 or more swimmers in a session will just need to supply 1 or 2 timers each session.
Just a reminder that swimmers in the mile, need to provide their own timer and counter.
Please review Chase starts with your swimmers. Remind them that all events 100 meters or more will do chase starts with odd heats starting at the Lakeside and even heats starting at the Water park side. All 50’s will begin at the waterpark side. The officials will be moving the 50’s very quickly, so please make sure that your swimmers are paying attention (as much as you can get 12 & Unders to pay attention).
I will send out a final amount due to all teams tomorrow as well
Please have all of your officials that are available to help out contact Jane Tabourot (firstname.lastname@example.org) We will need a lot of officials to make the meet work with chase starts.
Please make sure that if you are sending in checks to include the $10 per swimmer admissions fee, this cost was not in the event file that was sent out. Don’t forget to tell your family’s that this is included, which means they will be able to bring family and friends to watch as well, without the hassle of carrying cash.
THIS MEET WILL BE UP ON MEET MOBILE
- May Mania Meet Packet 2018.pdf
- Coach Approved Entries as of 5/7/2018
- 2018 BDSCWarm-up Schedule.pdf
- Session Timelines