(this is a team hosted event)
2018 Marlins Swim-A-Thon
Join us with your swim team for a fun and endurance focussed swim-a-thon this Saturday May 12th.
Here are the time slots to be on deck and in the pool (remember to have someone with your swimmer to count their laps): *Please note that depending onregistration numbers for the swin-a-thon, these times may change. Only swimmers registered prior to the registration deadline will be allowed to participate as lanes and schedules will be dependent on registrations*
- Red/Senior/13+ noncompetitive → (1.5 hour time slot) 7:00-8:30 . So be on deck at 6:55am.
- Blue → (1.5 hrs time slot) 7:15-8:45. So be on deck at 7:00 am.
- White/12 & under non comp - (1 hrs time slot) 8:00-9:00. so be on deck at 7:45 am
- Mini 3 → (45min time slot) 8:30-9:15. So be on deck at 8:15 am..
- Mini 2 → (30 min time slot) 9:00-9:30. So be on deck at 8:45 am.
- Mini 1 → (30 min time slot) 9:00-9:30. So be on deck at 8:45 am.
- Everyone → pancake breakfast immediately following. (please note we will also need some pancake flippers if you know someone willing to help flip pancakes please let me know)
Please RSVP with number of pancake eaters to Jessica George when
you commit your athlete you can add a note in for how many will be
attending or at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday May
Swim-a-Thon Setup Details
Set a goal for how far you will swim with your coach and then on Saturday May 12th - along with the rest of the team, plunge in and paddle, glide, kick and splash your way to your goal.
You can totally do this! You are a Marlin so you know you've got this.
And afterwards... we'll gather and have a massive pancake breakfast!!! Like a party but on Saturday morning with syrup rather than icing on the cake!!
Our swim-a-thon is important for three reasons:
1. Spirit - to foster team and club spirit among
families and swimmers. (The party part.)
2. Goal - to have swimmers set and obtain an endurance based swim goal. (The big fish part.)
3. Funds - to raise funds to help sustain our swim club, such as pool rental. (The keep the club going part.)
For the fundraising part, all the swimmers try to get as many sponsors as possible. So help your mom or dad or guardian to create your very own profile page on this website: http://www.saskswimathon.ca/rymm. If you have more than one swimmer you can log on as a family. Then email it to grandma and grandpa, aunties, uncles, cousins, friends, etc etc... Even a lit bit of support helps because every little bit adds up to a whole big bit. This fundraiser helps us pay for our pool rentals for the year.
Watch for updates through out the month about prizes and new sponsorships.
Swim Like A Marlin and Have Fun!!!!!!